AugDawgs review of Down II

I think you are in a bad frame of mind. Down II has the same elements and types of riffs that Nola had. Only to me it's more soulful I think. I do like Nola Better alltogether.
But Down II has my favorite Down song on it. Where I'm going... man... if only the south had won... hmmm that could be taken as a racial comment but.. it's not so don't worry about it
-Jono-

Originally posted by TD
2002 was the year of the Anselmo for me. New Down record, the "debut" of Superjoint Ritual to a national audience, and a tour from both. Phil was sooooo fucked up at both shows he had to sit down for a while, to many valiums and joints. I asked Charlie once if Pantera's whole party thing was an image thing and a way to market themselves, or if they were really fucked up.....he was like "dude, they are truly nuts, it was hard to tour with them, every fucking rest stop, hotel, show, they were just drinking and making us drink......"

I forget who it was but I heard some band was touring with Pantera and Phil asked the lead singer if he drank. The guy said "No" and Phil replied "You do now" :lol:

Originally posted by trapper
Aug,

I bought Nola a few weeks ago and loved it. I bought Down II on your recomendation and im having trouble getting into it. I dont know why, i want to like it but its troubling me. It could be because the first 3 songs on Nola have some of the most unbelievable riffs from hell and Down II isnt hitting me as hard right now. I dont know. I hate to say it but im dissapointed. Mind you im dissapointed with 3 of the last 4 cds ive bought so maybe im just not in a good frame of mind.

T

Actually, I would certainly recommend giving it a couple more listens before you can make your final judgement, cause I kinda felt the same way on the first and second listen, but trust me, I think this album will bite you in the ass before you know it! I have honestly listened to it about 25 times already, all the way through everytime and I just love it! It really has a Black Sabbath meets Led Zepplin and Allman brothers done DOWN style feel to it! I myself am a big Black Sabbath/and Led Zepplin fan so these elements are great for me, but it may be these elements that are throwing it for you. However, if you want me to really recommend a album that will rip your heart out and pound metal through your veins, then I must recommend Death "Human"! One of the best death metal albums in my opinion!

Cheerz Mang!

AugDawg