Australian Tour 2008

Has anyone noticed that the Sydney show isn't selling too well, I bought my ticket last Saturday and have ticket number 34

where did you get your ticket from? each vendor has a different batch of numbered tickets, so the numbers aren't that representative of how many are sold

haha, 34 ppl at a gig. At least then I'd be able to spot Tom with ease.

haha its not hard to spot me anyway!

I've almost decided on heading to Sydney for this - can anyone give me any reasons why I should consider a different concert?

(if it's a help I thought I'd mention that I've never been to Oz, only Tasmania)

i'd actually recommend NOT coming to sydney. The Big Top sucks for sound, and is a big tin shed. i've never been to the palace but i hear similar? its a shame its not at the forum, that was absolutely amazing last time.

those in other cities, how do you rate the venues opeth are playing at this time?

^Have you been to the palace before Tom? Trust me, the forums sound is a little better, but the palace is certainly fantastic, probably the 2nd best theater for a concert of that size. PT at the palace earlier this year had amazing sound. It sucks ass that Sigur Ros are playing at Festival Hall, the sound there is sometimes a bit :erk:. But I can't not go and see them, so hopefully it's better than it has been in the past.

^Have you been to the palace before Tom? Trust me, the forums sound is a little better, but the palace is certainly fantastic, probably the 2nd best theater for a concert of that size. PT at the palace earlier this year had amazing sound. It sucks ass that Sigur Ros are playing at Festival Hall, the sound there is sometimes a bit :erk:. But I can't not go and see them, so hopefully it's better than it has been in the past.

yeah i feel the same, i think the forum is the best place to see opeth in melbourne. The palace was great for PT, really awesome vibe to it that hopefully wont be far from what opeth creates there. Sigur Ros playing at Festering Hole really pissed me off, but it should still be a great gig.

those in other cities, how do you rate the venues opeth are playing at this time?

I have not been to any concerts outside SA unfortunately so I am unable to comment on those venues. However Thebarton Theater I believe is a great concert venue. It is really oldschool and has heaps of character accompanied by quality sound. Ive seen everything from Jethro Tull to Megadeth at the Thebby and Im sure that Opeth will slay there also:headbang::headbang::headbang:

cheers mate.

virgin black, the eternal and ne obliviscaris have announced a show in adelaide on the same night as opeth in sydney, so i'm going to sell my sydney ticket and fly to adelaide a few days earlier to see opeth there. looking forward to seeing thebarton theater and adelaide in general, as i've never been there before :)

Im glad you guys can make it to over to SA :) I recomend that at some point during your stay, you venture into the Barrossa Valley for some world class wines (my family supply Charles Melton). Hope you guys enjoy Adelaide and that Thebbarton theater lives up to your expectations.

Sydney Opeth gig w/out the Tom? I'm so confused

haha don't worry, i'll still be there in spirit

Im glad you guys can make it to over to SA :) I recomend that at some point during your stay, you venture into the Barrossa Valley for some world class wines (my family supply Charles Melton). Hope you guys enjoy Adelaide and that Thebbarton theater lives up to your expectations.

oh wow, thats awesome! i've heard lovely things about the barrossa valley & adelaide in general and since i'm there for three nights i'll be sure to do some shmoozing

wtf everyone pissing off to Adelaide ey ;). I'd come too, but I'm already flying to Sydney, as much as I'd love to follow them, two gigs will have to be enough this time.

^ i'd advocate doing adelaide, but u dont want to have to go melb adelaide melb adelaide in order to see neo/virgin black as well. oh well hope the sydney show is better than last time

Don't get too excited about SA Tom. I lived there for 7 years (1994-2001) - while the people seriously rock over people in other states, SA doesn't have much to offer in the way of things to do.

Food and coffee is pretty much the way to go, so if you love your food & coffee, hit up Scuzzi's and Eros in Rundle Street, and the Oxford Pub in North Adelaide. For ass kicking Greek food, you MUST hit Zoe's on King William Road, Hyde Park, and also ass kicking Fish & Chips sort of stuff in Fish Out of Water, King William Road, Hyde Park.

SA had a great music scene back in the earlier 90s, but these days I'm not dead sure what it's like. There were some good surf-punk, indie-pop bands floating around Adelaide back in those days, the vibe was good.

And rug up! It gets VERY cold! Oh and SA chicks are teh hawt.