Australian Tour Dates

Spike

Blinded By The Light...
Jul 15, 2001
Australia
Hi Michael,
All I can say is that the tour will take place in december and most likley
happen between 5-18 (some dates either way can be changed). Hope that will help
you out a bit. Hope that I have the confirmed dates this week.
Take care!
Reliable Source.

I would suggest keeping your eyes peeled on the Opeth website... if I don't post the dates here myself first.

Means I prolly won't be able to go though. :erk:

:(

Spike

where did u get that info man, did u email your question to the webmaster or something? And does anyone know that if its 18+ in Brisbane..does that mean minors can go if they are acompanied by a parent or gaurdian thats over 18, or does it mean that there is NO minors allowed, even with a adult?
Id be so pissed if i miss my favourite band performing because of some fucked up regulation!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
where did u get that info man, did u email your question to the webmaster or something? And does anyone know that if its 18+ in Brisbane..does that mean minors can go if they are acompanied by a parent or gaurdian thats over 18, or does it mean that there is NO minors allowed, even with a adult?
Id be so pissed if i miss my favourite band performing because of some fucked up regulation!
Well if it's the same deal as last time...you're not getting in under any circumstances, guardian or no.

It's always gonna be the same deal. Always 18+ unless they play at an arena which is kinda unlikely.

And yeah, I really hope it doesn't clash with the geek show...I'd definitely choose Opeth but I'll be quite the pissed off yet strapping young lad.

that sucks, coz i have a friend in Adelaide that said she could do that at some shows, oh well, only another 5 years. But i thought if its the Damnation tour it might be more flexible, with no moshing or anything..but oh well

It's funny how people say "it better not be an 18+ show!" as if there's any chance in hell it won't be.

ANY venue that serves alcohol (and let's face it, Opeth won't be playing the MCG and Stadium Australia, so it's pretty much guaranteed they'll play bars) can't put on an all-ages show. If they did, they'd have to close the bar, and considering 90% of Opeth's audience would be over 18 I don't really see any place giving away all that profit for the benefit of a select few youngens.

ja
the mike patton thing..
not a big fan i must say

considerin sepultura but prob wont go
saving money for metal for the brain

the only venue that'll go all ages that Opeth MIGHT!!! go is..

Enmore Theatre (unlikely, considerin scorpion entertainment prefers Gaelic Club and The Metro...)
Better not be GAY-LICK club.. the sound for soilwork was terrible @ that club

or
sydney entertainment centre... but opeth arent big enuff for a venue that big
so promoters will loose money

@plattopus

fuckin as if 90% of opeth fans are over 18!!!! it just seems like that cos no one under 18 was aloud in last time. just cos ur over 18 doesnt mean u like opeth more, everyone should have freedom of watching Opeth (holds hands over heart) :)

yeh well it better be under 18, if not im getting in anyways, die hard style in the air vents :p

plattopus said:
It's funny how people say "it better not be an 18+ show!" as if there's any chance in hell it won't be.

ANY venue that serves alcohol (and let's face it, Opeth won't be playing the MCG and Stadium Australia, so it's pretty much guaranteed they'll play bars) can't put on an all-ages show. If they did, they'd have to close the bar, and considering 90% of Opeth's audience would be over 18 I don't really see any place giving away all that profit for the benefit of a select few youngens.

Of course it will be 18+ but if you think 90% of Opeth's audience is over 18 you're pretty stupid.