Australian tour

:yow: :eek: :yow:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

FINALLY!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!! FUCKING OPETH... SHIT YEAH... FUCK! :yow:

Ahem... Okay *Tries to gain composure*... :D
Any ideas about set lists or anything???
The UniBar at Adelaide is going to be SHIT! They could have picked a much better venue.. Le Rox would have been perfect *sigh* Or Thebbie.. :) Anyone know if Adelaide is 18+?
Opeth could find heaps better supports... like Abramelin for instance...!

Stay metal :headbang:

Hello people, I'm kind of new to this board as I don't have a computer.
I walked in to the Metro last week and they said tickets are on sale Wednesday - $38.30 each.
As for the setlist, I hear they've been playing songs such as Advent, Credence... shit, who cares... all Opeth songs are amazing!
For those of you under 18, don't despair... try as hard as possible to sneak in (like I did when I was under 18). A good trick is to walk quickly through the entrance of the venue, and pretend to be getting your ID out of your pocket (but keep walking while you do this).

Originally posted by IceQueen
A good trick is to walk quickly through the entrance of the venue, and pretend to be getting your ID out of your pocket (but keep walking while you do this).
If anyone wants to e-mail me to discuss the shows my e-mail is

ahh...the old walk-through trick. You can sometimes get away with this if the doors packed and people are pushing to get in. I suspect this won't happen, as their only selling 1000 tickets at the metro, and its Opeth, not Limp Biscuit. Chances are, the crowd will be very well behaved, and any underage miscreants will be swiftly ejected from the premises. However, don't let that deter you from trying, it is Opeth, and you'd be a fool or underage to miss it.

Originally posted by Saphira

Opeth could find heaps better supports... like Abramelin for instance...!

Ain't nuthin' wrong with Alchemist! :p

Seriously though, I think it's appropriate to have a band with a sense of dynamics in their music (like Alchemist or Alarum) as opposed to all-out brutality like Abramelin, as good as they are.

this is fucking SWEET. the haunted in march, opthe in april. i am SO FUCKING happy. and only 35+bf(3.30), so less than $40 for tickets. if anything gets in my way of going i will destroy it.

Originally posted by plattopus
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the support bands (for Melbourne at least) are Alchemist and Chalice.

Damn, what a fuckin lineup and a half. Where'd you hear about Chalice? I would've been surprised if they hadn't ended up supporting Opeth at at least one show, since they're apparently a bit chummy with the Opeth guys?

goddamnit... alchemist and chalice and opeth make for an awesome show. infernal method as a support would make my day, but alas, they are not supporting in sydney at least. argh. forlorn suffering maybe would be good, or sakkuth.

Originally posted by Chow Mai Dong
Ain't nuthin' wrong with Alchemist! :p

Seriously though, I think it's appropriate to have a band with a sense of dynamics in their music (like Alchemist or Alarum) as opposed to all-out brutality like Abramelin, as good as they are.

Are Virgin Black still kickin' around?

Virgin Black are definitely still around, and their new album is due for release soon.

Opeth + Chalice + Virgin Black + Alchemist would be an absolutely perfect gig :)

By the way I got my tickets for the Adelaide gig from VenueTix. My ticket numbers are over the 200 mark, but I have trouble imagining 200+ people fitting comfortably into the Uni Bar. This was a poor choice of venue and the whole thing could turn out to be a total disaster.

I ordered my Tickets for 'The Corner' in Melbourne this morning, should be one their way in the mail in the next day or so... :)

Oh, and FYI: 'The Arena' said they'd be selling their tickets, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon..... so you can guess what I'll be up to. :D

Oh, and since I'm new at all this live/concert stuff, do you think it likely that a band (like Viring Black) would possible do the one show in their home town (Adelaide) ? Or is it more liekly that whatever bands are booked with Opeth will be doing the entire tour at all venues?

Originally posted by Spike
Oh, and since I'm new at all this live/concert stuff, do you think it likely that a band (like Viring Black) would possible do the one show in their home town (Adelaide) ? Or is it more liekly that whatever bands are booked with Opeth will be doing the entire tour at all venues?

What usually seems to happen is that there'll be one Australian band doing all shows, plus one other local band doing each individual gig. Like Blood Duster are supporting The Haunted Australia-wide, but Earth are only playing the Melbourne one.

Then again Mayhem didn't have an Australia-wide support, probably to cut down on travelling/etc costs. But Virgin Black with Opeth would be incredibly, although aren't Virgin Black a bit notorious for hardly ever doing live shows?

I'd much prefer to see BD and Earth than Alchemist and Chalice, but it will still be good. Alchemist aren't as good as they used to be.

Originally posted by Chow Mai Dong
What usually seems to happen is that there'll be one Australian band doing all shows, plus one other local band doing each individual gig

I kinda thought it might be something along those lines... :D

Anywho, unfortunately I don't know much about Virgin Black beyond having heard their albums.... :(

Oh, and FYI: 'The Arena' said they'd be selling their tickets, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon.....

I said that a few post ago jeanreno.........

So yeah, they intend to start selling tickets Wednesday arvo...... (The 12th)