Australian tour

@Natasha: Do you mind if I still cross my fingers and hope to see Alchemist come April? :D

Basically My Fave Aussie band (Them and V.B. Oh... and In:Extremis.... :cry: What IS it with Adelaide and great metal?) :D

Originally posted by Natasha
He has seen it. If you were at the Corner, I was the female with long black hair taking photos in the pit who had to keep apologising to the guys in the front row for blocking their view :D

Heh unfortunately I didn't get to see a lot of their set, I was working at the merch desk. :p

I don't think you'll be seeing Alchemist supporting. From what I've been told, they've moved away from the metal sound with their latest recordings (but I am going on heresay)

No doubt that whatever direction they're taking it'll still be brilliant stuff (although from speaking to Adam at the Destruction gig in Canberra it seemed like they've still got heavy parts with lots of dynamics as they've often had in the past.) I can't imagine a better Australian band than them to be support... er, either them or Alarum, heh.

yeah, look regardless I recom they'll do an awesome job. I miss seeing Alchemis live.

Hey, Dong, I don't suppose you were looking after the merch at Destruction in Sydney? If so, we were introduced a LONG time ago at DV8 one night

yeah, look regardless I recom they'll do an awesome job. I miss seeing Alchemis live.

Hey, Dong, I don't suppose you were looking after the merch at Destruction in Sydney? If so, we were introduced a LONG time ago at DV8 one night

Yep, that was me at the merch stand... and we were introduced at DV8? You'll have to forgive me for not remembering, almost every time I'm at DV8 I'm blind drunk. :p

I'm good buddies with EvilEf and MasterDave knows me too:D

Ahhh right! I actually showed my girlfriend the Edguy review and she went "Hey that's Nat!"... "Who?"... "She's friends with Ef and Kell and so on!" or something like that. :) Also checked out your Destruction review at the site, those gigs were fucking fantastic... and indeed that night at Club 77 was stinking bloody hot, hehe.

Originally posted by Dusk
this might be stating the obvious but melbourne tickets are already on sale....i have mine :D

Sweet shit, where'd you get it from? Maybe I'll go to the Corner one of these evenings to get one of from there, if indeed they're already available.

Chow
So I've met your g/f, then? cool.

I've got a Pegazus review coming up in the next week on the site, too.

I dunno actually, but she seems to know who you are, maybe EvilEf introduced you two or something. :) She was also working at the merch desk.

I don't tihnk I've actually ever seen Pegazus...? I really can't remember, heh. How was their show, in a nutshell?

got them from gas light music, they were $39:50.

I think they are only $37 if you get them straight from the corner though.

Tickets are almost certain to be over 18 at the Corner. I remember a few years ago (1995?) I saw Suicidal Tendencies at the Palace on their "farewell" tour. There were perhaps 200 kids at the underage show, but the overage one the night before was sold out. I wonder why bands don't play underage shows..........

I reckon Alarum would be a fair chance of supporting them. They played with Opeth at a festival or two over in the US in 2001, so already know them.

Originally posted by Dusk
got them from gas light music, they were $39:50.

I think they are only $37 if you get them straight from the corner though.

Yup. I got mine today for $37.

Is it safe for a female to take a cab home alone at 1am around that area?

Originally posted by Caelestia
Yup. I got mine today for $37.

Is it safe for a female to take a cab home alone at 1am around that area?

Eeeehhh... well assuming the front bar is still open and there's security standing there, it should be perfectly safe for you to hail a cab from that spot... not saying that Swan St is dangerous otherwise, but you'd be best off trying to get one from there. I've never heard of anyone getting into trouble around that area though, although the bits around the bridge can be a bit dark and kooky. :p

How much does it cost to take a cab from there back to the city? Craploads, I heard. When's the last tram and train? Yeah, the bridge area looks pretty dodgy. People tell me the best thing is to take a cab but I'm trying to find another option :(

$5-$10 I guess. You'd be ok getting one from there. Trains and trams would probably finish around midnight. Not exactly sure on either count though.