Autotuning fun

Revson

Sep 22, 2010
Orlando, FL
www.villainproductions.com
I've used autotune to fix bad cleanly sung parts and to help some basslines that get bent out of pitch here and there, but I've never used it on screamed vocals. Has anyone done it? Should I do it? Does it really matter?

Kind of on the same topic: Does anyone know/like the variaudio stuff in C5/6? I'm still fighting with whether or not I want to upgrade just yet and an autotuner integrated into the DAW seems like a nice idea. If it's shit I'll probably just say keep C4 and get Melodyne or Antares stuff.

I've only ever messed with ReaTune I think it's called. During screams, it won't show me any actual notes....just sort of pops and little bits of "info"....but on clean sung parts, it seems to pick up everything just fine, I just need some time to learn how to get it working properly.

pitch correction on aggressive vocals can be a problem but ...i have done it before (not cynically, but reluctantly).

i guess as an effect it could be cool... but i don't know about it being very practical. cubase 6's pitch correction implementation is cool but i'm so used to my workflow with autotune that it's hard for me to step out of it (right when it's becoming second nature) ...ya know?

i suppose i will eventually have to create a workflow with it sooner than later... to keep up with the industry zeitgeist.

I've done it on agressive yell style vocals(BMTH style things)
Works good.
Although the vocalist could pitch these PERFECT.
I was actually really surprised when I went in to tune
everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg