Did you guys know that I make video tutorials?

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Shameless self-plug: I'm not sure if you guys know, but I make audio/music production related tutorial videos, mostly intermediate/advanced level material. I do most of the tutorials in Cubase or Pro Tools on OSX, but many of the techniques can be applied to most DAW's on both PC and Mac. If you find the subject interesting, check out a few and if you like them, subscribe to my channel. I make new videos every week.

http://www.youtube.com/ahjteam

Also feel free to suggest tutorial subjects you would like to see. Here are some of the tutorials/demonstrations I have already done:

- Waves Maserati plugins review
- Comparison between SM57 and SM7b
- How changing the bass strings change the sound
- Importance of gain staging
- How to dial in metalzone so that it doesn't sound like ass
- Midi learn in Cubase
- Setting up a vocoder
- How to make a drum instruments from a multihit wav
- Programming drums to a song that wasn't played to a click
- Recording audio and video from a DAW in OSX
- Reversing drums without reversing some other element from the mix

And hopefully in the following weeks I can make a pitch correction tutorial (Melodyne/Autotune/Waves Tune/Steinberg Variaudio and Pitch Correct) if I get some material to pitch correct.

Good initiative man!!!. Should be pretty useful for the ones that are new to the whole studio thing.

Thanks for the kind words. btw, I've gotten 11 new subscribers since I first posted this, so good that my videos have found their target audience (or vice versa). :wave:

Since I don't yet have any proper material to autotune (if you want your band to be featured in the video, send me a mixed backing track with some clean vocals, can have screams and growls or whatever in it too, and I'll mention you and the band), anyone have any suggestions for any tutorials they would want to see?

Holy shit, thanks guys! New video coming up on FRIDAY.

subs.png

great videos man, thanks. I really like the one on putting programmed drums to a track recorded w/o a click.

edit: you should do a video on sidechain compression within cubase... using the cubase comp plugins. would be awesome!

Even tho I just published the tutorial about sidechaining, but on top of that I recorded another tutorial video. I decided that I will upload it either on next Friday _OR_ when I get total of 75 subscribers to my channel (I currently have 62). So if you like my video tutorials and if you want an early start, tell all your friends to subscribe, and subscribe yourself if you haven't already :)