Autumn Reflection - Video shoot journal (with photos!)

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Joe is MR. Motorhead. I think he's been in the Motorheadbangers club since 1982 or something. He owns like every single import and compilation, etc.

Sweet!! The highlight of my musical career without a doubt was when my old band landed a spot on a compilation with Motorhead. Just seeing the name on the same CD with Motorhead was very surreal!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
All good things come to those who wait, I say ;-)

Dude, what a load of crap. :D

Seriously though, a ton of work has gone into it thus far and we're just barely at the half-way point. It's all my damn fault of course, I had to go and make it all complicated and professional. I'm in the process of writing a lengthy account of the entire production, when done I shall post it here for all to ridicule.

I'll include new pics, shocking stories, and a Q and A forum to answer any and all questions that may exist about this rather unique (from Metal standards) project. I can't wait to tell the world about finding Joe's soiled loincloth. Ah, the memories...

I'll get back here soon with my real post.

Now It's Dark,
The 'SAW

Dog Slayer said:
Dude, what a load of crap. :D

Seriously though, a ton of work has gone into it thus far and we're just barely at the half-way point. It's all my damn fault of course, I had to go and make it all complicated and professional. I'm in the process of writing a lengthy account of the entire production, when done I shall post it here for all to ridicule.

I'll include new pics, shocking stories, and a Q and A forum to answer any and all questions that may exist about this rather unique (from Metal standards) project. I can't wait to tell the world about finding Joe's soiled loincloth. Ah, the memories...

I'll get back here soon with my real post.

Now It's Dark,
The 'SAW

Simply amazing. I can't wait to read it all!

Amazing stories eh? God, the things that could be let out of the bag. Any pics of that confounded dog?!? :loco:

Guess who saw some of the footage this past week after the transfer.........along with others of course.

Dragon_Unearthed said:
Um, any news on this topic? ;)

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.....
While you are waiting, you can check out the "Holy Crap! Is this for real?" to catch a video of some SERIOUS ass kickin' DOOM DANCIN!

Jasonic said:
While you are waiting, you can check out the "Holy Crap! Is this for real?" to catch a video of some SERIOUS ass kickin' DOOM DANCIN!
LOL, hardly a substitute... I hope!
:OMG:

We met with the director a couple of weeks ago and viewed a rough cut of the video, that still needed some changes and some FX work done to it yet. With any luck we'll have the completed version soon! I know it's been a bit of a wait, but it's coming!

Jasonic said:
Yeah, I've already seen that:zombie: ...I lurk here on a regular basis...I was just re-reading the entire thread with the pics from the set, and was thinking that maybe the video was gonna arrive soon...:headbang:

Don't forget to put the video on your website just like the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]The Pale Haunt Departure video, if possible a High Quality video, in divx mpg or mov. Or release it as a bonus on your next cd.[/FONT]

Hello everyone!

I wanted to be the first to let anyone know that the video for Autumn Reflection is about a day away from being COMPLETE!!!!

After months of pre production and even more post production I can finally announce that we are finally done! (minus a final overview and approval from Novembers Doom) And I also wanted to thank you all for your patience. We think the wait will be worth it.. hopefully you will all agree too!

The approach we wanted visually was to stay as close as possible to the album art. We had a VERY ambitious goal in mind. Especially because of the sheer size of the project vs the number of people working on this. You know how when you see the credits roll in the movies and you see all the people that work on it. Theres a lot of people that would typically work on the post production. We had Two. So larger productions would be able to wrap the work out faster than saw and I could alone. This is really a labor of love that we have been eating breathing and sleeping for the last 6 months at least!

2rxhcms.jpg
(... I hope this works!...? if it dosnt then I will post another pic.)

Just to give you a quick idea without giving too much away heres a picture of one time line for one clip. each line is a layer of something else being placed in the picture. Many of the elements in the frame are pieced in to make the complete picture... we have all seen those behind the scenes dvd features somewhere... So each dot inside the timeline is where something on that layer has to be adjusted to make it all work together. The places where it looks like straight lines is where Ive gone through frame by frame. Mind you this is one shot. This is 15 seconds in a 6 minute video.

So, thats what took so long to complete the project.

by the way does this announcement mean we have the power to bring about Chinese democracy now? Thats gotta be worth something!

anyways I hope you all like it! Im pretty proud of it! And Im confident I can speak for all of us at Cage XXI when I say that!

hope to hear from you all soon!
Mike