Autumnal music

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Pretty self-explanatory, but I can smell autum coming even if it's supposed to be 98ºF today. :loco:

Agalloch
maudlin of the Well
King Crimson (70's era)
Danzig

And then a few groups I hadn't yet heard since last autumn but I'm guessing they'll be purdy kickass and fitting:

Empyrium
Hammers of Misfortune

I'm not really sure what it is, it's not like winter groups where I want icy cold black metal or summer where big riffs are the way to go, it's just certain groups have that feel for this coming time of year. Maybe it's just me. :wave:

for fall i like:

type o negative
witchery
samael
anthrax
the haunted
jag panzer
fear factory
alchemist
blind guardian

Yeah it gets down to 80º and all the crispy brown leaves scorched over summer fall off the trees.

EDIT: I forgot Type O and should be shot immediately. Thanks ct. o_O

'Cause you know this has happened before
And you know that this moment in time is for real
And you know when you feel deja-vu

[Chorus:]
Feel like I've been here before

Ever had a conversation
That you realise you've had before
Isn't it strange

Have you ever talked to someone
And you feel you know what's coming next
It feels pre-arranged

'Cause you know that you've heard it before
And you feel that this moment in time is surreal
'Cause you know when you feel deja-vu

Type O Negative
Vintersorg
Borknagar
Opeth
etc.

Autumn and Winter kind of merge into one at times here so all the winter albums (black metal, folk metal etc.) also get even better this time of year.

The other day I was at my dad's house and went through all of my CDs, selecting the best albums for autumn and putting them all into a big booklet. Of course every Agalloch album is in there, along with Type O Negative, motW, Anathema, Misfits, Ulver and a ton of other great stuff I'd half forgotten about. I also made a goddamn PERFECT autumn mix CD, with cool interludes and everything, but I won't post the tracklisting because people will call me a hipster (since, you know, only three types of music fans exist: metalheads, hipsters and casual fans of popular trash). SPOILER: Fields of the Nephilim are on it.

AUTUMN :kickass: