Avian Thrilled To Be Part of Progpower

Hi All,

This is Yan from Avian. We are all very excited not only to be invited to the pre-show party, but also to have our first ever live performance. I'd like to thank Shane, Glenn, and Claus for making this happen.

I was inspired to create Avian on my flight home after PPIII. I was so blown away by the entire weekend, that I had to do something about it. Within a few weeks the songs for our debut cd, Guardians of Time, began taking shape. To make a very long story short (if you'd like to check out the long version: www.intromental.com/avian), everything fell into place and we recorded the cd with Lance King on vocals and Jonah Weingarten on keys. Dave Ellefson appears on the cd strictly as a guest musician, he is not a full time member. As far as his appearance at the show, I will speak to him about it and keep you guys posted.

Our cd should be out in time for Progpower. Those of you into Hammerfall, Maiden, and Savatage will not be disappointed (I hope ;) .

Our official website (www.avianband.com) should be up and running within a couple of weeks. In the meantime, please feel free to check out our page at Intromental: www.intromental.com/avian. Be sure to check out a clip of our single "As The World Burns", and drop us an email if you like.

Take care and see you soon,
Yan :headbang:

As you probably know, F5 is Dave Ellefson's new band. When the two of us hooked up a couple of years ago, he was working on getting F5 going and I was working on Avian. Dave was kind enough to lay down his bass tracks as well as letting me use his current F5 Drummer, David Small. They were hired as studio musicians only.

So, on the cd we have from F5 Dave and David, and from Pyramaze we have Lance King and Jonah Weingarten. Our live lineup will consist of myself, Lance, Jonah, and Noah Martin on bass. The Drummer and lead guitarits will be announce later on.

Yan

Hey Yan, the sample of "As The World Burns" sounds great. Looking forward to your set at the pre-party. Is there a realease date set for the album's release?

Cool, I'm glad you like it.

We are shooting for a late summer release; that's all I know now. As soon as our website is running, we will post the full version of As The World Burns, so that all of you maniacs will know it by heart for the show :hotjump:

I can't wait for all of you to hear the full cd!

Yan

Damn good sound! I like it. Looking forward to seeing you live this year, should be a blast. Keep us posted on the release date for the CD, I'm sure you'll move quite a few just from this site alone.

On a side note, it would be cool to meet Dave, I've been a huge Megadeth fan sicne high school and got to meet the band once on the RIP tour, but would be much cooler to meet the man in a PP setting. I'll bring a CD sleeve for him tp sign just in case.

Yan - this is Ed from last years PP5 festivities (Ben's friend). Congrats on the pre-party gig and I'm really excited to hear the finished Avian product.

See you in September.

Thanks for the link MajorRager. I enjoyed the sample pretty well, I would say that I think it could probably sound better quality wise. Live in concert is what metal is really all about so hopefully you let your true excellence come out there.

Hey, the fact that you were inspired to create a band because of ProgPower is pretty cool. I've had similar thoughts myself.