Avian Thrilled To Be Part of Progpower

Ruthven said:
Hey, the fact that you were inspired to create a band because of ProgPower is pretty cool. I've had similar thoughts myself.

Well I hope that you follow your dreams and you succeed. My advice to you is to follow what you believe in, not what others say. If you don't have anyone to help you out, don't get discouraged. Try your best to write good songs; they hold the keys that unlock most doors.

Those of you that have checked out our clip at Intromental, please note that it is only a rough mix. We will post the full mixed version of As The World Burns on our website within a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when its ready. Also, if you click on our album cover at the discography page, it'll open up to a larger version; I think you'll agree that it is a very cool album cover! Those of you that are into cd booklets, you're in for quite a treat: We spent a lot of time (and money ;) on it and it came out awesome. It'll be a 16 page booklet full of very cool graphics and pictures.

Yan
:headbang:

AvianGuitarist said:
Hi All,

This is Yan from Avian. We are all very excited not only to be invited to the pre-show party, but also to have our first ever live performance. I'd like to thank Shane, Glenn, and Claus for making this happen.

I was inspired to create Avian on my flight home after PPIII. I was so blown away by the entire weekend, that I had to do something about it. Within a few weeks the songs for our debut cd, Guardians of Time, began taking shape. To make a very long story short (if you'd like to check out the long version: www.intromental.com/avian), everything fell into place and we recorded the cd with Lance King on vocals and Jonah Weingarten on keys. Dave Ellefson appears on the cd strictly as a guest musician, he is not a full time member. As far as his appearance at the show, I will speak to him about it and keep you guys posted.

Our cd should be out in time for Progpower. Those of you into Hammerfall, Maiden, and Savatage will not be disappointed (I hope ;) .

Our official website (www.avianband.com) should be up and running within a couple of weeks. In the meantime, please feel free to check out our page at Intromental: www.intromental.com/avian. Be sure to check out a clip of our single "As The World Burns", and drop us an email if you like.

Take care and see you soon,
Yan :headbang:

Yan, I'm looking really forward to you guys, because I'm a huge fan of Lance! You've mentioned your sound is similar to Savatage.....now that's a big, big plus for me!!! It would be awesome to get Dave Ellefson down there, because I've grown up listening to him with Megadeth! Avian is a must for me to check out! Thanks for the post!

edgeofthorns said:
Yan, I'm looking really forward to you guys, because I'm a huge fan of Lance! You've mentioned your sound is similar to Savatage.....now that's a big, big plus for me!!! It would be awesome to get Dave Ellefson down there, because I've grown up listening to him with Megadeth! Avian is a must for me to check out! Thanks for the post!

Thank you! I was fortunate enough to have had the honor of seeing the late Criss Oliva play many times. I lived in Florida during the late 80's and early 90's and caught Savatage nearly every time they played. For me, it begins and ends with Criss Oliva as far as my number 1 guitar inspiration and hero. I hope that in some small way I will be able to pay him the proper tribute he deserves in my music.

All of you Lance fans will not be disappointed! His voice is in top shape on this cd.

Yan

Hello, Yan. I'd just like to say that I have a hunch about you guys and my hunches are always right. So, lay the CD on us and fucking light it up! I can't wait to get my hands and ears on it! Good luck and congratulations on the pre-party selection and I'm chomping at the bit to see AVIAN live!

Emerald Sword said:
Hello, Yan. I'd just like to say that I have a hunch about you guys and my hunches are always right. So, lay the CD on us and fucking light it up! I can't wait to get my hands and ears on it! Good luck and congratulations on the pre-party selection and I'm chomping at the bit to see AVIAN live!

Thank you Emerald Sword and everyone else. I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and am equally excited about playing the show!

Yan :kickass:

Hello, Yan. I love the sample of "As the World Burns"! I love metal with great sing along choruses that really grab me. This tune hit me hard! Lance sounds great (as usual)! I'm not shitting you when I say that I'm as excited to see AVIAN as any of the bands on the PP6 stage! Also, thank you for your kind words in the above message. I look forward to talking to you guys and getting plenty of pictures! AVIAN rocks!

Hi Yan! It's going to be a pleasure to share the same stage as Avian man! I can't friggin wait. It's gonna be rockin.

Bobby

Avian sounds great I just went and checked it out on Intromental's site. What an honor to be on the same management!

Bobby

Williamson said:
Avian sounds great I just went and checked it out on Intromental's site. What an honor to be on the same management!

Bobby

Cool! Thank you Bobby and all the Outworld guys. It is equally an honor for us to share a stage and be on the same management as you guys. I can't wait to hear your new cd; judging from your clip, I'm sure its going to melt plenty of faces this year!

Yan
:headbang:

I was already looking forward to this, then I listened to Pyramaze this weekend and realized I'd forgotten how much I do like Lance's singing. Someone hit the fast-forward button to September, please. :)

Shaye

MrBuzzcut said:

Cool article! Just to update where the interview left off: All of the solos have been completed, as have all of the mixes. Lance did an outstanding job on the production; the final product is going to sound great! The mixed cd is en route to Claus and he will begin shopping it in the next couple of weeks. We are still hoping for a release before Progpower; it'll be close.

Yan, you know what dude? If the cd is out by Prog Power or close to it, you should make the pre party gig kind of like an album release party thing. Maybe Shance could blast the cd over the speakers throughout the night and stuff.

Just an idea.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Yan, you know what dude? If the cd is out by Prog Power or close to it, you should make the pre party gig kind of like an album release party thing. Maybe Shance could blast the cd over the speakers throughout the night and stuff.

Just an idea.

Ben

I thought about it already, but the main problem with that is that it would be great for us, but it wouldn't be fair to the other bands. Not to mention that we'd be at the mercy of the label(s); they determine the release dates. We'd look a little silly holding a cd release party with no cd :dopey:

Getting back to Lance's singing; we tried a couple of different things with his voice; he was hesitant at first, but when he heard how it came out, he was pleasantly surprised, I'm sure you all will be as well!