Awesome cheesy songs from 80´s

Canada's *other* prog-rock trio:

The greatest dance scene in any movie, ever:

80's cheese doesn't get any better/worse than this:

Last edited by a moderator:

This last song for me it´s one of the very best of the 80´s. Didnt become a world hit but it was a huge hit here in Portugal and in brazil. Awesome song. The voice, the bass line, the guitar solo, the keyboard sound! fucking great.

Thought of a few more:

Chris de Burgh Lady in Red

Another early 80's, somewhat "one hit wonder" type bands - Quarterflash Harden My Heart

And like you I'll save my favorite for last.

Quite possibly my favorite album of all time, others come and go, but Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is simply magical mystical music for me (still one of my favorite sounding albums - great use of the Fairlight CMI synth) - the whole album front to back is a masterpiece as only Kate can create.

Kate Bush Running Up That Hill

Kate Bush Cloudbusting

Kate Bush Hounds of Love

Kate+Bush+hounds+of+love.jpg

This song of killing joke it´s just awesome not chessy!lol

Awesome songs guys, lots of good shit to hear.

Thought of another distinctly 80's band - yes, they have released music since, but really they clearly represent 80's cheesy rock:

White Lion Wait

Another in the same vein - released in 1989 Warrant Down Boys

Yet more 80's gems:

J. Geils Band Centerfold

Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy

I'll add another two from an album I actually like by Eddie Money off of his 1982 No Control album.

Shakin

I Think I'm in Love

You can clearly tell I grew up in the 80's, graduated High School in 85 so I could keep going on forever with this stuff (mind you - most of this was not my preferred music, but one could not avoid it completely in the 80's).

Here is a band that I do enjoy and were extremely original - was saddened when Stuart Adamson died. But his songwriting combined with Bruce Watson on guitar, Tony Butler on bass, and Mark Brezicki on drums resulted some good music.

Big Country In a Big Country

A second version from the 90's

Since I mentioned Kate Bush earlier, she also performed a duet with Stuart Adamson on their 1986 album The Seer.

Big Country The Seer

seriously, i can't hear the phase "80's music" without getting this^^ stuck in my head