awesome guitar work thread

Are there any solid state amps that are good for metal. I need a good cheaper amp.

I still have my trusty old Ampeg SS-150....they did one thing good and that was CRUNCH! Even though I don't play live anymore, I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it. Every once in awhile I plug it in and scare the neighbors!

Search Ebay - I see one there for $300

Live video from East Berlin in 1990 - riffs and shred galore from the great Tommy Vetterli:

These guys are covering a lot of ground for a 3-piece....always my vote as the most underrated band of all time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodrigo y Gabriela are stupidly good, their version of Stairway is awesome.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7fDGga7zC0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7fDGga7zC0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

sometimes simplicity is the best. amazing song. this is an ass kicking record and it's a shame the band has sucked ever since. the guitarwork throughout is fucking nasty.

Sound quality ain't great, but this is one of the greatest guitar performances ever recorded. And here's the video of it!

This is from night 2; the story goes that the first night, Jimi was running around the stage being all rock-star like. After the show, the Jimi asked his friend what he thought, and he told him it was great, except for him looking like a jackass. Because of that, on night 2, New Years Eve, Jimi just stood still the entire show. And completely blew the world away.

At 3:58, the single most powerful note ever played on electric guitar.

it took me awhile, but i finally got into Arsis

this is what I've been learning lately great guitar in both of these.