Awesome live performances thread

the_fiend

Dan Swano Fanboy
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
This thread is to share and index excellent live musical performances by bands.

I just found out about this and I'm surprised that I hadn't seen this live version till date. Instant classic for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular old She-Wolf till about 3:00 minute mark, then business takes off :

Blind Guardian Show was pretty sweet :)

Still my fav show. Mikael at his best with vocals, good songs, sigh, good times.

Great thread Ayush! That Blind Guardian performance was great. I always love to see concert movies of shows/to be at shows where the crowd is going crazy :)

Some people on here like to hate on DTP but I thought their Retinal Circus DVD was fantastic. I've watched it a few times - this is my favorite song from it:

^awesome :)

plus:
Iron Maiden - Donington Live 1992
Ozzy - Live at Budokan 2002
Pantera - Monsters of Rock Moscow 91' LIVE

Still my fav show. Mikael at his best with vocals, good songs, sigh, good times.

I know it's stupidly selfish – we have so many songs and albums with his awesome growl (Brave Murder Day, Crimson, Ghost Reveries, Unblessing the Purity, etc) – but I'm still bummed every time I hear a recent live performance. Despite improving since the Bloodbath Over Bloodstock and Royal Albert Hall era performances, it's not nearly as good as years past. Sigh, indeed.

- - -

Chelsea Wolfe is great live, making it tough to choose one song, but here's one of my favorites.

Man, I didnt know Mike growled for Katatonia once. Thanks for saving me from total ignorance. Now I feel almost like im discovering morningrise/orchid again.

Man, I didnt know Mike growled for Katatonia once. Thanks for saving me from total ignorance. Now I feel almost like im discovering morningrise/orchid again.

Nice! Ah, the first time I heard the "Wherever you are, I am not" line was pretty wonderful.

Anyway, yeah, he provided the growls for Brave Murder Day and the Sounds of Decay EP. Here's Mike with Katatonia from the Melloboat performance back in 2008: