Awesome live performances thread

I haven't seem them yet, but I desperately want to see AHAB live. I hope they come to the States in support of the new album this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down the entire "Alive in Athens" has to be one of the best live performances that has ever been recorded by any band ever. Iced Earth might not be the most entertaining band to watch but the skills on display here are outright scary, Everyone plays fucking flawless!

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1r2Yxo4wA"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1r2Yxo4wA[/ame]

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zQ5Mlad-g"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zQ5Mlad-g[/ame]

iron maiden was amazing live, so is elton john

Kiss 1975

also saw opeth live twice, first time amazing, second time forgettable (cept someone bought michael mcdonalds halfway through and threw it on stage).

oh and this just blows my mind pink floyd

I saw Opeth live twice also, first time they were opening for Dream Theater and only could play a couple songs. It was really good, but I saw them headline the next year (2008 I think?), I had my long hair back then and I've never almost snapped my neck off so hard in my life. I couldn't turn my head sideways for like 5 days. The setlist was Heir Apparent, Grand Conjuration, Serenity Painted Death, Hope Leaves, Lotus Eater, Bleak, Night and the Silent Water, Deliverance, Demon of the Fall, and Drapery Falls.

Needless to say I had the best night of my life. Sucks Opeth turned to pure shit after that.

I saw Opeth live twice also, first time they were opening for Dream Theater and only could play a couple songs. It was really good, but I saw them headline the next year (2008 I think?), I had my long hair back then and I've never almost snapped my neck off so hard in my life. I couldn't turn my head sideways for like 5 days. The setlist was Heir Apparent, Grand Conjuration, Serenity Painted Death, Hope Leaves, Lotus Eater, Bleak, Night and the Silent Water, Deliverance, Demon of the Fall, and Drapery Falls.

Needless to say I had the best night of my life. Sucks Opeth turned to pure shit after that.

Those were both really good tours. Despite having a short set, they played Wreath on that Dream Theater tour, which was so good.

My favorite Opeth show I've attended to date is probably the 2004 Lamentations Over America tour...hearing Master's Apprentices, The Moor, April Ethereal, and Blackwater Park all in one show? Fucking fantastic.

I got to see Tomahawk open for Tool on one of the Lateralus tours. It was the first time I had heard anything Patton was in outside of Faith No More, a band I couldn't stand at the time*, and it was pretty eye opening. (Combining the musical talents of The Jesus Lizard's Duane Denison, Melvins' Kevin Rutmanis, and Helmet's former drummer John Stanier with Mike Patton's maniacal vocal deliveries? What a great mash up.)

Anyway, I've always loved this performance of "God Hates a Coward" from Big Day Out:

* I came around eventually on FNM, even caught them live recently, but "Epic" remains one of my all time least favorite songs.

Hands down the entire "Alive in Athens" has to be one of the best live performances that has ever been recorded by any band ever. Iced Earth might not be the most entertaining band to watch but the skills on display here are outright scary, Everyone plays fucking flawless!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1r2Yxo4wA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zQ5Mlad-g

I never listen to their studio albums, unless it's Horror Show which is the only non suckass thing after that live, since Athens sounds better :oops:

Devin should had Drew sing in every show. This is brilliant.