Awesome Pop Music Appreciation Thread

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
So since nearly everyones having their Paramore Enjoyment Coming Out Parties recently, why don't we just get it all out and post loads of pop shit we enjoy?

I am going to start with some MGMT
I have been digging the FUCK out of these guys lately

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE&feature=related&fmt=18[/ame]

Yeah sorry about that, my internet was being screwy and was all like I AM NOT GOING TO POST THE TOPIC so i stupidly tried to make a second
my bad

KEEP POSTS TO THIS ONE PLZ GUYS :)!

I love me some MGMT

I think my favorite pop group would be Au Revoir Simone. Actually they're pretty close to being my favorite music group in general, maybe top 5. Saw them several months back and it was one of the most intimate and fun shows I've been to. Just three pretty girls playing keyboards, using drum machines, and singing.

their website is really nice too http://www.aurevoirsimone.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently realised a full quarter of my iPod is pop music. :/ Its only like 2/3 metuhlz now (pop+ambient+metal ftw)!

(whole album is fantastic, new one seems far too slow tempo'd and boring :( from what I've heard on iTunes)

(hated this one with a passion when it first came out, 3 years later I love it)

(embarassing but I love it ^^)

arctic monkeys are pretty sweet morgoe, or the first album is
the second one bored me shitless, too many effects not enough music
i had no idea a 3rd album was out until i saw a review somewhere, i dont think im gonna listen to it, seems the concensus is that josh homme should stick to making his own music

Dude, Morgoe, that Taylor Swift song? Seriously? :loco: I mean, pop-rock can be cool and all, but that straight up bubble-gum stuff, eek :ill:

Here's a song I actually absolutely fucking loathe, but I had to hear it like 6 times in a row at multiple shifts at the ice cream stand I worked at :mad: So I feel like sharing :D

I haven't been able to stomach pop music since the 1980's.

the 80's were pretty fucking rancid eh?
i dont mind a lot of this 80's resurgence stuff thats coming out recently though, but the actual shit that came out back then usually makes me puke
apart from the human league, fuck yeah

AND WHAT A SCUMMY MAN
JUST GIVE 'IM 'ALF A CHANCE ILL BET E'LL ROB YOU IF 'EE CAN
CAN SEE IT IN EYES THAT EE'S GOT A DRIVIN' BAN
AMONGST SOME OTHER OFFENCES

One of the few Rolling stones songs I like. This one is excellent!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MxyStIraGs&feature=related[/ame]

That Corrs singer is cute as hell :oops:

imogen heap is fucking awesome, i urge all of you to check her out if you havent already

and lady gagas album is rather great, and shes an amazing performer....check this......

another placebo song to add

this was me and my ex's song, probably my fav placebo song :)

the 80's were pretty fucking rancid eh?
i dont mind a lot of this 80's resurgence stuff thats coming out recently though, but the actual shit that came out back then usually makes me puke
apart from the human league, fuck yeah

What I meant was, I liked pop music during the 80's.

I can still listen to a radio station playing a total 80's program, but I'd rather be deaf than have to listen to current pop radio. I think the 80's thing is mostly nostalgia, it's not that the music is that terrific.

For one thing, hair metal was pop music in the 80's, and I like me some hair metal.