Awesome Pop Music Appreciation Thread

the 80's were pretty fucking rancid eh?
i dont mind a lot of this 80's resurgence stuff thats coming out recently though, but the actual shit that came out back then usually makes me puke
apart from the human league, fuck yeah
LOL. Yeah dude, the cure, the police, depeche mode, U2......all terrible. Not to mention that lots of metal was pop then too. White Snake FTW.

No matter what decade you want to deal in. Sturgeons law is going to apply.

i was referring more to the HAY GUISE SYNTHS AND DRUM MACHINES sort of thing haha

the cure is :kickass:

arctic monkeys are pretty sweet morgoe, or the first album is
the second one bored me shitless, too many effects not enough music
i had no idea a 3rd album was out until i saw a review somewhere, i dont think im gonna listen to it, seems the concensus is that josh homme should stick to making his own music

Wait they have three albums?

I thought they only had 'whatever people say i am...', and a bunch of shitty demos on another 'album' that half of them ended up getting redone for 'whatever..' Whats the 2nd album?

Dude, Morgoe, that Taylor Swift song? Seriously? :loco: I mean, pop-rock can be cool and all, but that straight up bubble-gum stuff, eek :ill:

Lol, I knew I'd get shit for it :D
Dunno, I hated it when I first heard it, again, but now i dig it (the whole album..), however most pop doesn't last long for me, I'm already pretty much over it after a couple of months. I really like drumming to simple music now, much more room for creativity (plus I suck too much to do the complex stuff).

In response to whoever posted Panic at the Disco!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHLPjEQL0A&feature=PlayList&p=48DFDA4C79778EA4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28[/ame]

:D :D :D

Wait they have three albums?

I thought they only had 'whatever people say i am...', and a bunch of shitty demos on another 'album' that half of them ended up getting redone for 'whatever..' Whats the 2nd album?

Indeed.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Favourite Worst Nightmare (which I thought sucked hardcore)
and that new one Josh Homme produced

Still hate Taylor Swift's music but would totally fucking tap that shit though. If you don't think she's hot, you're gay basically.
I still kinda hate on the totally bubble gum type of pop to be honest, but I can listen to stuff like Paramore every fucking day.

Indeed.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Favourite Worst Nightmare (which I thought sucked hardcore)
and that new one Josh Homme produced

Well checked that out on iTunes too and it also sucks balls.

Major disappointment :(

Still hate Taylor Swift's music but would totally fucking tap that shit though. If you don't think she's hot, you're gay basically.

Bug eyes ftw!

Nah she's still cute. :D

Well checked that out on iTunes too and it also sucks balls.

Major disappointment :(

Bug eyes ftw!

Nah she's still cute. :D

Never really saw the whole bug eye thing, weird. It's possible you ruined her for me by saying that now though:lol:

the newer josh homme produced one? Yeah I'm not surprised man, I'm not even going to bother listening to it. I don't want it to have any chance of tainting my respect for that first album.

Bat For Lashes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZHah-c0hQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZHah-c0hQ[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank Satan for off topic tavern...
I don't want this popshit polluting my favorite metal forum.

Going back to the boobs/booty thread !

Thank Satan for off topic tavern...
I don't want this popshit polluting my favorite metal forum.

Going back to the boobs/booty thread !

dude i fuckin totally agree with you... dont want to be a dick here but what is a pop thread doing in this forum please whats next a hip hop thread??:yuk: