Axe FX II XL vs. 2203 KK and SM57 vs. 906

Simon Dorn

Jun 24, 2012
www.thy-final-pain.com
Hi!
Each one of these 4 samples is either the Axe FX II XL (kind of similar setup), or the 2203KK with the Sm57, or the 906.
Regards,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, all those tones can be useful, but the first and the last are sounding best alone, but also are sounding pretty typical..

Hey, why not experiment with 2nd and 3rd to find some new and interesting tones!!!

Man, it all depends ;)

Anyway, good job!

1 > 2 >> 4 > 3

i really dont like 3 and 4 and these dont share any 2203 characterstics i know from your old recordings. So i guess its something like this:

1 - Marshall + SM57
2 - Marshall + e906
3 - Axe + e906
4 - Axe +SM57

Not sure about mic. The e906 is darker than the 57 but with engaged hiboost its sharper than 57.

Which ones the amp and which ones the axe? Same for 57 and 906 :)

Who cares? Why's it have to be a guessing game? It's not like I'm going to run out and buy a piece of equipment based off your mediocre recording. :Smokedev:

1 > 2 >> 4 > 3

i really dont like 3 and 4 and these dont share any 2203 characterstics i know from your old recordings. So i guess its something like this:

1 - Marshall + SM57
2 - Marshall + e906
3 - Axe + e906
4 - Axe +SM57

Not sure about mic. The e906 is darker than the 57 but with engaged hiboost its sharper than 57.
Almost! :)
It's
1: Amp with 57
2. Amp with 906
3. Axe with 57
4. Axe with 906

All Axe signals are direct.
Cheers,
Simon
Are you recording the Axe with IR here or micing the cab?
See above
I liked 1, 3, and 4. I did not like 2.
That was a 906
the only one i'd ever use is the first one, with a little less lowend. That one is pretty good, the rest aren't.
I would go with the first one too
Who cares? Why's it have to be a guessing game? It's not like I'm going to run out and buy a piece of equipment based off your mediocre recording. :Smokedev:
Why not? I wouldn't buy an amp based on yt videos anyway. At least not anymore :)
I thought the first tone sounded best.

Me too.