Ayreon - The Human Equation

Yonder

Jun 22, 2003
Munich, Germany
music.yonder.de
Have you listened to it, Opeth-Headz? I think it's a very good album and every Akerfeldt-Adorer should give it a try. Mikael sings gracefully on many song, but unfortunately he growls only on "Trauma". Nevertheless: Check it out!

(To JamesLaBrie-Haters: It could be worse. Check it anyhow.)

deliverance said:
everyone keeps saying Ayreon is cheesy. haha, i dunno i don't see the cheese, i fucking love it. i currently have 4 of the albums, and think arjen is a genius.

Amen! The new album is unbelievable, it's so fantastic!
I'm a big Arjen fan as well, everything he touches turns into pure gold!

Absolutley phenominal album. Although i can agree on the nu pRoG suggestion, it still is a powerful album none the less. Best pickup I have gotten in a while. Also it is my first ayreon album.

I agree, wonderful album....

And even if I already knew M.Akerfeldt , James Labrie and Magnus Ekwall (etc etc...) before this album has been released , i admit they all surprised me !! overall Ekwall....i think he's really one of the best hard rock / heavy rock singers ...check out his band , THE QUILL and realize by yourself...

It is really very good, but LaBrie just has an element of over the top cheese for me, I can't help it. The music itself is amazing, just a bit less LaBrie would have made it better.

...and the lyrics too, I realize it's a metal opera type deal, but some of the lyrics are just way too obvious. I guess I don't like lyrics that are really just written/spoken word then put into singing, then the lyrics themselves explain too much and get in the way of the music doing it.

I personally think LaBrie sounds like a gay mole, but his performance isnt too bad on THE.
Other than that, the album is completely fantastic. I wont say its cheesy.

Just heard it a few days ago and it totally blew me away to another planet!!

It`s an amazing album and the singers personal voices makes each other sound better.

I got in touch with Ayreons music after reading an review.

Downloaded the album and after one listening i ordered the whole album including the DVD.

Looking forward to it!!!!

Great music and great story!

:worship:

I reviewed it a few days ago. So far the best album of 2004 in my opinion. You can read my review here. My favourite singers on it are Devin Townsend and Mikael so far, though all of them are amazing, including Labrie. Labrie is a great singer if he is allowed to add some of his own flavour in the song and the new Ayreon exemplifies this.

NP: Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette

I like some pretty cheesey music (some Hammerfall, Unicorn and stuff) but for some reason I just can't stand some of the vocals on here, LaBrie and a couple of the other guys just make me cringe so much that I have to turn it off. Also, I'd rather hear Mike singing on a type of music that I have more interest in, so his vocals on here didn't do that much for me either. I should give this another try sometime though.

Yep but the problem is: His voice sucks in general, and even if it's better than he normally sings, it still sucks :D (imho)

hmm it seems most people here hate labrie. i can understand why people don't like his voice, but i mean..dream theater..i fucking love them. sure i'd prefer more extreme vox, but he has talent..he's a good singer. and like i said, dream theater, IMO, is a fucking awesome band.