Ayreon - The Human Equation

deliverance said:
hmm it seems most people here hate labrie. i can understand why people don't like his voice, but i mean..dream theater..i fucking love them. sure i'd prefer more extreme vox, but he has talent..he's a good singer. and like i said, dream theater, IMO, is a fucking awesome band.

You're right, DT is amazing, and LaBrie has moments where he really shines...Metropolis, Pull Me Under, Another Day....but it can get pretty old and i'd really rather hear the band over him. Works best in songs like A Change of Seasons where the vocal parts are really spread out over a 20 min song.

I rather like LaBrie's voice when it goes go out of proportions like sometimes in DT...I dislike the rest of DT much more than LaBrie.

The Human Equation is the best album this year, too. So far.

Black Rose said:
Yeah, its ok, Mike sounds really good, sent a shiver down my spine. I cant wait for Opeth's new one.

I think Heather, the one who sang on the first song was the best singer on that album hands down. I liked quite a few parts of it, but as a whole the lyrics really didn't do it for me and there were to many parts I would have wanted one singer to continue and then they're interupted by another who isn't as good.

thecrimsonchin said:
I think Heather, the one who sang on the first song was the best singer on that album hands down.

By the first song you mean Day One: Vigil? That's Marcela Bovio, and she's my favourite singer on the CD hands down.

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I really like what I've heard. I mean, I got the album just because Mikael, Devin Townsend and whathisname Graves from Dead Soul Tribe are on it. I really wish Mikael growled more on it, because those are my favorite parts. Maybe the fact, though, that he growls so little makes the parts where he does more effective. LaBrie sounds better on this album than the last DT, actually he sounds good, and normally his voice irritates me. Irene Jansen is possibly my favorite female vocalist on it, or maybe Maria whateverherlastnameis. Mike Baker seems to only have one song on this album... Does anyone know what's going on with Shadow Gallery, anyway?

Anyway, really good album, and Mike dominates it, IMO.

Arjen's manager said something along the lines of 'yes' when I asked if it was because of Music For Nations being a bunch of retards again (this shouldn't be interpreted the newspaper way in that Yvette would've called MFN a bunch of retards). "Mikael Åkerfeldt's band" looks really stupid in the credits, but oh well.

Fionn said:
By the first song you mean Day One: Vigil? That's Marcela Bovio, and she's my favourite singer on the CD hands down.

Yeah, she's amazing. I usually don't like female vocals that good, but her's is really astonishing!

Mantraschism said:
IMike Baker seems to only have one song on this album... Does anyone know what's going on with Shadow Gallery, anyway?
Last I heard, Shadow Gallery has ACTUALLY STARTED MAKING A NEW ALBUM. Which rocks, but it probably won't be out for years, since they all have day jobs.

I think the album is exceptional, it really is great from beginning to end, Mikael of course sings with great elagence and beauty, I find it kind of wierd to hear him singing cleanly on something other then Opeth.