Favorite Song on..THE HUMAN EQUATION

SilentRealm

Apr 1, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
For everyone who has heard this amazing album, I'm interested to know which songs people liked the most. It's so incredibly diverse and each song is completely unique, and the singers are all phenomenal.

My favorites are:

Day 12: Trauma, one of the only songs where Mikael Akerfeldt growls (he sounds positively evil as well as positively beautiful on his clean parts), and I love Magnus Ekwalls chorus in this, worth the whole song just to listen to it I think.

And Day 17: Accident, Again one of Devon Graves' shining moments, really fantastic song. And the style of this song is really different, I cant think what to call it though. But its brilliant.

Well, this album is amazing. Every song contains unique good elements. It is quite hard to chose my favourite song but I chose Day 12: Trauma (I'm an Opeth fan...) and Day 18: Realization for its great folk inserts. As I told I love every song of the album.

Devin Townsend's 3 performances are the best things on the album.

Overall songs i probably like Day 3, Day 8 and Day 12 the best.....but there is not really much in the way of shit on this album is there :)

a much shorter list would be the songs i dont really listen to all that much ... day 7 ... too 'major key' for my taste. day 10 ... meh, its good every once in a while. day 19 ... i dont think it really goes anywhere. and i cant stand most of Eric Clayton's parts, but some are ok. Day 20 is prolly my fav tho

Day 3: Pain, i really like devin's part in this one
Day 7: Hope, i just like it
Day 12: Trauma, I love this song, the mikael growl part is so \m/
Day 18: so... so jethro tull

ProgMetalFan said:
Devon Graves is, in my opinion, the star of this album.
Agreed, along with Akerfeldt.
Can't really decide on a favourite song on THE, they're almost all as good as the other and equally important parts of the album. But hell, I'm just going to pick "Day Eleven: Love" for its almost obnoxiously contagious chorus.

This is painful. I just ordered the album from Amazon and will recieve it in a few long, horrible days. I wish I was dead.