Back from KIT !!!

Here's a little impression of what KIT is all about...OLDSCHOOL !!

http://rapidshare.com/files/26973192/kit.wmv

I grabbed this little piece of the new KIT DVD that was available, it has this "parking lot" kinda piece on it, this part is about one fifth of the whole. On the other parts also is a little interview with Clammy and you can see Hawk and me passing by somewhere (as if that's of some importance :) ).

KIT was a killer experience, as usual!

My ranking of the festival :

1/ LETHAL : too bad the singer looked weird and (too) shy, his voice is still awesome and the band was on fire! Who could have guessed, after all those years?! Killer prog/power band. They even played the (good) ballad of the first record, first time I hear a ballad at KIT ;)
2/ SABBAT : the most professional band of the festival, hands down. Impressive stage presence and tight playing, with a charismatic and commanding Martin Walkyier leading the charge of a brutal thrash metal set! Wow.
3/ DIAMOND HEAD : good show for the old schoolers, good setlist and good sound. Brian Tatler is a soulful and classy guitar player and that's all I need to say :)
4/ LAAZ ROCKIT : fun and very energic gig, as it can be expected from them! Tell me the bass player isn't on crack! :D A bit disappointed by the vocals though, but still ok.
5/ DEFENDER : bad sound but a solid performance nevertheless.
6/ BULLET : basic and catchy heavy rock very influenced by Accept, nothing groundbreaking but not bad either.
7/ PILEDRIVER : once the surprise passed, well, nothing special. Funny though. I still like the first album, the twisted humor and all...
8/ TWISTED TOWER DIRE : I'm a fan of them but I don't like their new singer and the sound was horrible...

The only drawback of KIT is that I always have too little time to see and chat with the old guys, yeah I mean Carnut & Hawk! ;)

KIT was a killer experience, as usual!

My ranking of the festival :

7/ PILEDRIVER : once the surprise passed, well, nothing special. Funny though. I still like the first album, the twisted humor and all...
8/ TWISTED TOWER DIRE : I'm a fan of them but I don't like their new singer and the sound was horrible...

Runehammer surfaced in MySpace, he told me that the only band he disliked was TTD but besides raving for Sabbat (wonder why? :p ) he did like Piledriver. It seems the Goats where there too :saint:. Mord and Cheryl also have MySpace sites, you should get one maybe we can reunite a bit the TMG old gang ;)

Ha, that's cool of you Wyv but to be honest I hate myspace as a blog :D
It's a useful way to check out bands quickly, but that's it to me.

I have a last.fm account though, Cheryl too ;)

Wheezer said:
Oh man, you're in trouble now. Hey, wait a second, I'm about the same age as Hawk and Carnut. :lol:
Don't worry, you'd be a youngster at KIT :D

Whoa! Pagan Altar is playing at the next KIT? Awesome. They are highly underated, and I must say I didn't know they were doing anything right now. For me, they hold a place like Legend, or Cynic, or Manilla Road or something like that, which is to say....a band that had everything going for it...but nothing ever happened for 'em. Cool they are playing.

Yesssssss, the friday pre-show for KIT 10 (âpril 2008) is replaced by a full show in the big hall AND Helstar is on that bill !!

TITAN FORCE (USA)
HELSTAR (USA)
(exclusive European Gig in "Remnants Of War Line Up" playing the album
"Remnants Of War" in its entirety) :worship:
ATTACKER (USA)
(exclusive "Battle At Helms Deep" Show)
+ more
Freitag 4. April 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

Saturday:

KEEP IT TRUE X
”Reign Of The Tyrant“

JAG PANZER (USA)
(Exclusive and ULTIMATE Jag Panzer show (min. 2h) plus very special
surprise guest!!)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
(Exclusive German Show/Mark Shelton back on Vocals!!)
CAGE (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
DEMON EYES (FRA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

+ 3 more (1 Co-Headliner!)

If any of you guys ever planned to come to Europe there's a good reason, and there are more bands to be added !!!

We're back from another great KIT-weekend, so here's the little review of the weekend ;

Cool !!! HOpe you had a blast........ !!!

From the pre-show I only liked Destructor alot, cool thrash/US metal band !! Warrant and Tankard are that typical German Thrash, hard but allways the same stuff over and over. Vocalist from Tankard was very bad too...Germans seemed to like it though, the atmosphere was great !

Tankard is Tankard. If you were trashed, you probably would have loved them. I love their song "shitfaced" but I too find them a bit generic overall.

SABBAT - Cult band Sabbat was reunited in the original first album line-up. They played a very heavy set and the audience went crazy, some very decent headbanging and moshing allover the place. For me personally it was too long and too much of the same. Vocalist isn't that great and became a bit boring after 30 minutes or so. Still a cool show..

I don't care for Sabbat, but I completely understand the enthusiasm. They have a pretty decent size underground following.

LÄÄZ ROCKIT - Laaz had the honor of closing the festival, all the last bits of energy were scraped together, and there again was some serious moshing and headbanging. I thought it all sounded a bit messy, not well rehearsed or so, and the vocalist has lost ALOT of power. A good band to close the fest , but I had expected them to be a bit stronger...

I thought Laaz Rockit was fair on disc, but I would suspect they would go over live pretty well.

All together a very great KIT again. It's not only the music, also the atmosphere, you know, almost EVERYONE here wears a shirt with an oldschool band on them, you see hundreds of jeans jackets full of patches, people from allover the world attend...KIT is THE real gathering for oldschool Metal freaks for sure !!

Glad you had a good time my friend. Wish I could have joined you.

Bryant

So, that Saturday morning of KIT VIII I saw the flyer for the November edition and almost keeled over. Leatherwolf in their old incarnation, crazy progthrashers Toxik, the mighty Sacred Oath, plus those young Swedish Mercyful Fate-fanatics of Portrait on stage! Man, I'm glad I rushed to the merch stand straight away, because as you all know by now the ninth one sold out within a couple of hours. Even knowing that Fifth Angel were supposed to headline but cancelled, won't spoil the November trip for me.

The weird thing is, I thought that number IX was going to be the best KIT ever for me personally - until the KIT chiefs started announcing the bands for the fifth Anniversary edition. It will be this old school metalhead's dream come true.
Helstar doing 'Remnants of war' in its entirety alone is worth the trip. And what about Crescent Shield and Pharaoh, two great young bands on the Cruz del Sur label!
The billing's still to be rounded out, so who knows what Oliver & Tarek will come up with next? Fates Warning with John Arch, doing the early stuff? WatchTower? A Psychotic Waltz reunion?
No matter - I'll be there regardless.

Great to see a couple of people here who are dedicated KIT-goers.
And by the way, Hawk, Brandon & Carnut - this is O from DS talking.:kickass: I will try and stop by here more often.

Here's a little impression of what KIT is all about...OLDSCHOOL !!

http://rapidshare.com/files/26973192/kit.wmv

I grabbed this little piece of the new KIT DVD that was available, it has this "parking lot" kinda piece on it, this part is about one fifth of the whole. On the other parts also is a little interview with Clammy and you can see Hawk and me passing by somewhere (as if that's of some importance :) ).

I just saw this thread. Is the KIT VI DVD available now? They never sent us any copies or told us when it was supposed to be released!

Also... I don't remember doing any interviews there, hehehe...

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yep, KIT 6+7 DVD is available. There are 2 Exciter songs on it ; Violator and Evil Omen...

Cool! I'll have to get on their butts to send us some copies!

Evil Omen is a new song (in case you didn't know, hehehe...) that'll be on Thrash Speed Burn. We're hitting the studio on Sunday to begin recording the new CD!!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: