Back masking on Demon of the Fall

SanctuaryNZ

Benighted...
Apr 30, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi guys

Since you're all Opeth-heads, I thought I'd ask a question. Forgive me if this has been covered already. Does anyone know what the back-masked vocals are at the start of "Demon of the Fall"? I've always wondered if it was just reversed vocals and if so, what Mikael is saying? Or is it just a vocal effect with no actual words being said?

Any thoughts? :saint:

I heard it was just a song by some band that had been using the same studio MAYH was recorded in.

The song is Cassandra Geminni by the MARS VOLTA. its the part where he goes "25 snakes pour out your eyes..: etc, while the trumpet blares.
its EXACT!!

calulators12345 said:
The song is Cassandra Geminni by the MARS VOLTA. its the part where he goes "25 snakes pour out your eyes..: etc, while the trumpet blares.
its EXACT!!
yeah... okay spud o_O
im pretty sure mayh was released before the mars volta were born.

Oh yeth MAYH was releathed when the Marth Voltra wath jutht a baby and opeth be the oldest band in the world becuth they started in the mid nineties OMFG?!?!?!? the mars volta could have easily been around during or even before the time of Opeth. Use thine brain.

Oinkness said:
Oh yeth MAYH was releathed when the Marth Voltra wath jutht a baby and opeth be the oldest band in the world becuth they started in the mid nineties OMFG?!?!?!? the mars volta could have easily been around during or even before the time of Opeth. Use thine brain.
what the fuck is wrong with you? i know more about the mars volta than you do about the inside of your cats anus. mayh is much fucking older than cassandra geminni. and ffs oink, opeth didnt start in the mid nineties.

cassandra gemini is from frances the mute (2005). mayh (1998). you do the math.
this also gives us an idea about when you started listening to opeth. not a bad thing, though.