Bad songs?

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
Hey people!
During the Finnish gigs about 2 weeks ago I had a conversation with this guy who said he likes Hypocrisy BUT it is it one of those bands which have very good songs and then also EXTREMELY bad songs.

Extremely bad songs???

I did not agree.
And I´m not one of those fans who just blindly like every fucking song/thing their favourite band does. Afterwards I was left to think... and I just couldn´t come up with a song that I would refer as "bad". There are good songs. And then there are songs that aren´t as good as the best ones but they are still awesome.
If I´ll someday come up with a song that is bad, I´ll tell ya.

I love this band. I just love it. Can´t help it. Nope.
So any thoughts about this subject, anyone?

I'd disagree. I mean some people just use words interchangably -- "songs I don't like" or "songs I hate" are "Bad songs"

Hypocrisy have 40 songs I LOVE (which more than I can say about any band I like), and 40 songs I really like (again... more than most bands I like)... but whatever's left from their score of albums are how many songs -I don't like- ...yet I wouldn't say they're bad...

I like them more for their mid tempo atmospheric melodic-death stuff more than their early albums, so though it's not 'bad' death metal (it's actually better than a LOT of death metal out there!) I just don't really like a lot of those early songs, as a matter of personal taste.

it's all just personal taste I reckon, definately nothing against the originality or eclectic talent of the band, I think it's often impossible to like every song of any band, ESPECIALLY after decades of albums, unless they're reallllly a cookie cutter "every song sounds the same" type of band.

I think there is a difference between songs you think are bad and songs you perfer not to listen to.

The more atmospheric melo-death songs are amazing and I love that style of death metal. Some who perfer the up-tempo death metal songs will think the slow ones are bad. When in fact I love them.

Either way I don't think Hypocrisy has a single bad song :D

Just to make sure... I´m saying there are hundreds of levels of "liking". But the guy in the gig said there are extreme-shit-songs. From that I´d understand he meant bad riffs, bad vocals, bad arrangements, just you know.. shit. And so not a matter of an opinion. Sure it is, but the guy didn´t seem to leave any possibility for other peoples views.
Sooo... you know...
If all the Hypo-songs would be played in radio, there wouldn´t be any songs that would make me change the channel. For example.

The only things that could ever really be considered shit would be a bands first demo tapes. But in some cases those could also be some bands best work.

Mostly people get more talented as they keep writing and playing. They also get better at arranging songs. So unless they get lazy (Or begin to write to gain attention from certain groups or reasons) then the newest album should always be the bands "best" work. I mean song arranging and ability. But boring riffs could be used and said "well this song isn't nearly as good as this older song but it is still GOOD."

Maybe the point I am trying to make is that a band cannot get any worse. Just not write as good material.