About Pain

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
Just got as a present yesterday the single of Pain´s Just Hate Me.
So there were 2 songs I haven´t heard before;
-Don´t waste my time
-Mr. Bigmouth

Have any of you the single too and/or have you heard those songs?
And what did you think?
I think both of them were awesome (gee.. surprise) but if I imagine those being put in Nothing Remains the Same.. no. Nonono. :)
I don´t know why but I feel those should have been in the first Pain. I mean.. if they should be in any full-lenght at all.

But anyway it was very enlightening to hear some new Pain (for my ears) since the new cd is still yet to come.

thats awesome! Looks like i have to do some searching for those!
cheers

lumitalvi said:
-Don´t waste my time
-Mr. Bigmouth

And what did you think?
I think both of them were awesome (gee.. surprise) but if I imagine those being put in Nothing Remains the Same.. no. Nonono. :)
I don´t know why but I feel those should have been in the first Pain. I mean.. if they should be in any full-lenght at all.

But anyway it was very enlightening to hear some new Pain (for my ears) since the new cd is still yet to come.

"Just Hate Me" single is great, also there's a cool "Shut Your Mouth" single w/ "Give It Up" track (it's the first version of a single, the second one has 3 demo versions) - it's a shame it didn't make it into album...

Btw, what Pain singles do you have?

lumitalvi said:
-Don´t waste my time
-Mr. Bigmouth

And what did you think?
QUOTE]

Ooh interesting...my Just Hate Me single also has on it-
-Shut Your Mouth ('01)
-Don't Waste My Time (no date given)
-End Of The Line ( '99 -Pinocchio Short Vocorder Version)

I love the techno/dancey spacey feel of Don't waste my Time, but I felt the version of End of The Line could have had so much more depth put in. These 2 are great for just before a night out anyway!

I'd love to find all the singles but it's really hard, 'specially if the euro sellers sites aren't in English. I got this one from America though it's got a 'made in Germany' sticker on.
I also found a promo single of On and On -radio edit at Wacken '02.

Sisterofnight said:
I love the techno/dancey spacey feel of Don't waste my Time, but I felt the version of End of The Line could have had so much more depth put in. These 2 are great for just before a night out anyway!
There's also a longer version of that "End of the line" remix and on "On and on" single there's a remix version of "On and on", which I think is better.

Sisterofnight said:
I'd love to find all the singles but it's really hard, 'specially if the euro sellers sites aren't in English. I got this one from America though it's got a 'made in Germany' sticker on. I also found a promo single of On and On -radio edit at Wacken '02.
www.cdon.com has their pages now even in english, that's where I bought all my Pain singles. Sadly they don't seem to have those anymore, but perhaps they will have the new singles when they come out.

Thanks for that link, I'll check it out when the new stuff comes out!

I since found an End of the Line single with the 2 versions of the Pinnochio On and On remix- I think the long version is an improvement. I'd like to know whether they got played in dancey clubs in Sweden or anywhere?

Plus 'Hate Me' - very interesting -how chilled out! Reminds me of the slower ones on Nothing Remains the Same, and lachrymose early 90's new romantic/electro pop stuff. Very nice but I can see why it had to go on a single, too soft for Rebirth. Although 'Don't Waste My Time' could have gone nicely on that imho.

I have never found, nore seen any Pain singles. I would love to hear the other songs and versions etc. I think Peter should release a cd of the versions and songs onlyon the singles so we can all get it. Its already an actof god to even find any Pain cd;s as it is. I had to get Nothing Remains the Same off filesharing since there is no other way for me to get it. I have also downloaded a few of the videos. Thats about the only way I can get Pain, is filesharing. :OMG: