Cover songs

isberg

Jun 14, 2008
The last thread i found searching this forum on this topic was from 2007. It might be time for a new cover song thread. Cover songs, the good ones, the bad ones, all of them.

I`ll start with my favourite cover of all time.

Original:

Cover:

Last edited:
Original:

Cover:

Mother Earth, father thunder by Bathory is a song i have wished somebody would make a decent cover by for a long time, due to the fact that the original one is not pleasant to play loud. Think i have found four covers of it so far, where this one is the best one of those in my oppinion. But still hoping for a better cover of this song.

Last edited:
Original:

Cover:

Cover 2:

Must be the most covered black metal song of all time. Like its the Enter Sandman of black metal. Personally i tend to prefer covers where the cover stray from the usual path. Covers where the bands try a straight cover without putting a personal touch to it i tend to be more critical to the outcome. I think in Transilvanian Hunger`s case, Blodsrit got one of the better straight covers.

Tried searching for recent threads. Didnt find it if so. Guess it depends on the title of the thread.

Original:

Cover:

Reactions: Slammed
I aggree on that one. Prefer the Motorhead version.

That reminded me on this cover.

Original:

Cover:

Swedish girl band Drain covering Ace of spades. Kinda like this cover. And the girls.....like them too.

Original:

Cover:

Yay or nay? Personally i am a bit of a Ice-T/Body Count fan from my teenage days so i dig this.

I like this cover. Blaze`s live version is better tho than the album version.

Original:

Cover: