Badass Rap

@TechnicalBarbarity all your game talk reminded me to show you this, thought you might enjoy it. The beat is more throwback than usual which is cool, and the lyrics dip into some cool topics. Wish his whole new album had this kinda vibe to it.

Oh my fucking god this beat is so bouncy!!! lmfao that was so good, they could have made that beat loop for 30 minutes with just dude saying "clack clack clack" over and over and I'd be in heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
what did you think of Tha Doggfather?

Didn't we talk about it the other week? My bad I thought I got back to you, yeah I liked it a lot man. I've bumped the tape at least 3 times since I got it. I like that it has some outta leftfield beats too like "(Tear 'Em Off) Me & My Doggz."

he fuckin' ripped it up here, especially that last minute

Man this guy knows how to pick some really good modern mobb beats, E-40 would be proud. "I been on the block like dog piss" hahaha.

s-l1600.jpg

Recently I've been keeping an eye out for one of these, they sold out ages ago and there's some floating around, but just waiting for a good size and a decent price.

Didn't we talk about it the other week? My bad I thought I got back to you, yeah I liked it a lot man. I've bumped the tape at least 3 times since I got it. I like that it has some outta leftfield beats too like "(Tear 'Em Off) Me & My Doggz."
dat intro doe. OH MY GOD, DEY WANT TO EAT MY HUSBAND! :lol

Yea that album on a whole sounds very different from Doggystyle. I still think its solid as fuck top to bottom. It has a more raw pre-gfunk west coast sound. Same thing with those damu and rip ridaz albums.

Man this guy knows how to pick some really good modern mobb beats, E-40 would be proud. "I been on the block like dog piss" hahaha.
"watch where you trip at becaus you can get split down the middle like a kit-kat" :lol:

Reactions: CiG
Have you heard Piru Love? One of the better known(around here at least) songs from the damu ridas ...

and a few more Rip Ridaz classics from the early 90's...

I heard that third track before I think, that was nice and smooth. That second track was raw as fuck though haha sounded like it was recorded in the fucking day room! Liking all these femcees too by the way. Especially that one in "Steady Dippin" she had an awesome style.

Never heard these Snoop tracks before don't think, listening to the first one now.

Edit: Oh another femcee haha, nice.

Randomly discovered this dude while looking for songs by a death metal band lmao. Can't tell if it's an old artist recently dug up or a new artist making throwback cuts (going with the latter) but holy shit, he sounds like someone who grew up around g-funk but moved to Memphis in the early 90's and his influences got all mixed up with that early southern horrorcore thing.

@mutantllama @TechnicalBarbarity

fucking sick, dig it!

[raises hand]

Probably his best album right there, or at least my favourite of his stuff. I feel like he perfectly balanced his trad rap with his experimentalism with that one, and before and after the balances are always a bit off for me. If you haven't already, check out his battle rapping. Even if you don't like battle rap, he's great and entertaining as fuck.

Reactions: mutantllama
Yeah prob my favorite as well, although I dig the stuff after it as well. Checked out a few of his battle raps when I first got into him, yeah they're fucking dope.

unnamed-66.jpg

Bumping this recent discovery, just a couple tracks deep but boy this bangs. G-funk throwback with some mid-west and Memphis influences all over the place. Really smooth, laidback, gangsta, Bay Area heavy etc.

One of the tracks has a cool video too.

Another album from Mr. Toxic, less than a year after the last one. Kinda feel a bit sorry for him as he doesn't seem to have gained many listeners over time. I haven't gotten sick of his voice yet.

A few of my favourites (which haven't already been mentioned)

Some of the best of the best of UK hip hop...

Last edited: