Badass Rap

It's a bizarre mix, I was listening to my CD copy so I didn't check how the YT version sounded. Probably some bum that fucked with the audio when he uploaded it. That said, it's an album in dire need of a quality remix reissue, like Wu's debut.

Randomly discovered this dude while looking for songs by a death metal band lmao. Can't tell if it's an old artist recently dug up or a new artist making throwback cuts (going with the latter) but holy shit, he sounds like someone who grew up around g-funk but moved to Memphis in the early 90's and his influences got all mixed up with that early southern horrorcore thing.

@mutantllama @TechnicalBarbarity

Yea that def sounds like west coast gansta rap. More of that classic bay area/sac town gangster shit mixed with that some of that LA sound. But yeah this is fucking bad ass man, i'd definitely bump this :kickass:

edit: yeah i definitely hear that memphis sound/bounce on the second one.

Reactions: CiG

Reminds me a lot of the first Three 6 Mafia album too, a style I really miss. Back when Memphis was still finding its own sound and they borrowed a lot from the grimier west coast groups. Love that shit.

Tha Dogfather > Tha Last Meal > Top Dogg > Paid the Cost to be the Boss. R&G and The Game is To Be Sold... have few good tracks but are rather weak albums overall. Blue Carpet Treatment and Malice were both garbage. Havent heard anyting after that.

Dead Man Walking is one of my favorites too but it's not an official Snoop album

3532555_so.jpg

@RadicalThrasher a lot of fake rappers who claim to be bloods and crips, but here are some real bangers. The guy throwing up the L is form the LA Denver Lanes and is dead now, and the guy in the car who has the Pasadena hat on is form Pasadena Denver Lanes.

...this is the guy throwing up the L.

these are some cats from my city, who clearly are paying homage to the guy above ...

... they're mainly disrespecting a crip hood over here called Du Roc Crips, by calling them Dirt Rocks. In return the crips call the DL's Dick Lickers. :lol:
@CiG

yea there are some other funny ones from my city, especially the mexican ones ...

North Side Pasadena - Nut Sacks
South Side Pasadena - Shit Stains
Villa Boys Pasadena - Vanilla Boys
Varrio Pasadena Riffa - Ruffles
Pasadena Latin Kings - Pussy Licking Kings or my favorite which is Pelukas ... which means hairdressers in spanish lmao

@CiG a lot of stuff in those songs wont make any sense to outsiders. He keeps saying "lanes" "lane life" "lane bound" etc , which is basically his gang name and also "t's" "doubt t's on my hat" which stands for Tip Top Bloods, which is the PDL click they're from. "woop woop" is also something only the bloods around here say. "Jects" is short for the Kings Village Projects here in Pasadena, which is also home to another blood gang called The Project Gangsters who share turf with the much larger PDL. Oh and "about to get wet" means he's about to smoke some sherm lol.

This new DJ Paul EP is fucking good man. Actually looking forward to his new album Dracula whenever the fuck that drops. He really took this shit back to the old days.