Badass Rap

It's pretty difficult to criticise a genre except through generalisations, and I get tired of having to qualify everything I say with "I know this isn't probably true in every case" or "at least most of the time" or some such. I added some qualifications to my first couple of posts, just assume they hold true for everything I say.
There's actually no need at all to say dumb shit.

Reactions: CiG
They were part of that whole Definitive Jux/alternative hip hop movement of the late 90's/early 00's.

Definitive Jux is El-P's label but it also acted as a movement for hip hop artists that didn't fall into the 'we want the next 2Pac' thing.

El-P did all the production on that CanOx album, he was amazing back then and was arguably an even better emcee. He was one of the main members of Company Flow, who I mentioned previously.

Another great Definitive Jux release.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
These Rappers that wear their pants saggy at the back, exposing their underpants and buttocks, I was talking to someone, a few years back, who was telling me about how this fashion and image began in American prisons where inmates who were Gay or bisexual would wear their trousers like that in order to let other inmates know that they were Gay and available. Most people know this in my city, and we see them walk past with their pants hanging down their legs, exposing their bottoms to other rappers. I have nothing against homosexuals, they are only the same as the rest of us apart from they like men instead of women. It is just interesting to watch them advertise to each other. We see a few of them pull up in a car, with the windows down and their arms hanging over the side, blasting rap music out so that other people are forced to hear it, and we see one of their `freinds` walk up to the car with his pants hanging down at the back exposing his buttocks and he sort of winks at his freinds and they let him in the car and off they go to the park or some isolated place where they can all enjoy each other. The Lady next door to me says that as well as advertising that they are up for Gay sex, that the male rappers also find it a turn on to see other males dressed like that, showing their buttocks. But, you know, as long as they are not hurting anyone. Live and let live is what I say.

Reactions: Internally Deformed
Your bread-and-butter are bands from the 1970's when they had long hair, skin-tight pants, crushed velvet, high-heeled platformed boots, etc.

MnKqu.gif

These Rappers that wear their pants saggy at the back, exposing their underpants and buttocks, I was talking to someone, a few years back, who was telling me about how this fashion and image began in American prisons where inmates who were Gay or bisexual would wear their trousers like that in order to let other inmates know that they were Gay and available. Most people know this in my city, and we see them walk past with their pants hanging down their legs, exposing their bottoms to other rappers. I have nothing against homosexuals, they are only the same as the rest of us apart from they like men instead of women. It is just interesting to watch them advertise to each other. We see a few of them pull up in a car, with the windows down and their arms hanging over the side, blasting rap music out so that other people are forced to hear it, and we see one of their `freinds` walk up to the car with his pants hanging down at the back exposing his buttocks and he sort of winks at his freinds and they let him in the car and off they go to the park or some isolated place where they can all enjoy each other. The Lady next door to me says that as well as advertising that they are up for Gay sex, that the male rappers also find it a turn on to see other males dressed like that, showing their buttocks. But, you know, as long as they are not hurting anyone. Live and let live is what I say.

You see, kids these days listen to the rap music which gives them the brain damage with their hippin' and a hoppin' and a bippin' and a boppin', so they don't know what the jazz is all about!