Ballads

Name calling? Nice. Perhaps Hawk hasn't defined the guidelines for this forum in a language you're able to understand. In other words - Take that shit to AOL. But, to answer your question... Yes I can listen to this song and what's even better - I enjoy it.

Just a note - you can criticize what folks listen to without tossing in personal insults. If you can't understand this- then you sir are the real dumbass.

NP : Overkill\Fuck You and Then Some\01-Overkill-Fuck You

A severe warning has been send and his original message has been deleted. Next time he will be banned.

Personally attacking a regular in the Old School forum is THE most serious offense you can make here.

Criticize the argument NOT the man or woman making it!
IOW do not resorts to a ad hominem.

I will ban ANYONE that repeatably attacks or insults the regulars that have contributed positively to this forum and are the substance of this great community!

And I am sorry I missed this one.

Hawk
UMOS Moderator

Anything by Savatage
Falconer - Portals of Light
Helloween - In the Middle of a Heartbeat (and many others, actually all of their ballads are very good)
Virgin Steele - Child of Desolation
Kamelot - Abandoned
Bruce Dickinson - Taking the Queen, Arc of Space
Blind Guardian - Harvest of Sorrow (their best ballad, I'm not a huge fan of their "campfire-stuff" actually but this is really good)
Queensrÿche - I Will Remember (Tate's performance here gives me the chills every time):worship:

The most important thing in ballads is of course the singer. Some singers like James Rivera or Harry Conklin just can't sing ballads at all although they're brilliant on other fronts.
Also, if you want to make a killer ballad you've got to have some piano there somewhere, or at least something acoustic.

edit: Ok, some more:
WASP - Hold on to my Heart (Crimson Idol... flawless)
Dream Theater - Space-Dye Vest (not a big fan but this is just so good)
GnR - Don't Cry, November Rain

Anything by Savatage
Queensrÿche - I Will Remember (Tate's performance here gives me the chills every time):worship:

Agreed. His performance is great is the reason that he was (one of) the best singers in the 80s. You'll rarely hear a singer take such an operatic approach to singing. :kickass:

Oh, and for any singers, it's a great song to do warm ups to.

what would I do with out you?:oops:

goes to listen to "Beyond my Destiny" too, haven't heard that disc in too damn long!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

That song is awesome! Too bad my CD player at work does not work and I am stuck with internet radio until they fix it :err: