Baltimore Show

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
We all just got in (me, my wife, and kids). It was a very small upstairs club and our daughters were right up at the stage in front of Russ. The guys were right on tonight and the sound was very good and balanced. Sharon said last night in Allentown, the sound was off a bit because of the venue (high ceiling). But tonight was great, and Russ's voice was incredible. This was the first time I really got to see and hear everything Pinella plays live and he is really amazing. Same setlist as other shows.
It was loud and I took my earplugs out to hear everything, now I'm buzzing.

No band compares to Symphony X. I hope everybody here who has not had a chance to see them perform can get the opportunity.

There was only one opening band called Myzativa. They were a high energy instrumental metal power chord band....we liked them, they had a unique style.

Jax, we saw you, and wanted to say hello after the show, but didn't know where you went. Fletcher's is a cool place and dinner was good, too.

Goodnight.

I was standing right behind/to the right of you guys. I thought it was neat that Russell kept making goofy faces at your daughters. :)

The sound was a little off at this show right at the start (drums turned up way too high and could barely hear Russ), but that got fixed fairly quickly. They did pretty good for barely having elbow room up on that stage. I would've stayed to hang out after the show, but as you see from the date stamp, I'm up way too damn early, and this is bad enough on only five hours sleep; any less and I'd be a walking godzilla at work. But I did talk to Jax for about ten minutes while we were all waiting for the opener to get on stage. :)

I managed to get a few pretty decent photos, and I even got -ta da- Rullo and Pinella this time! They're usually hiding behind their respective kits, but I was close enough to get them. :) I will post them later this afternoon.

It was definitely an amazing concert. I never realized how big Russel Allen was until I saw him last night, and he has incredible stage precense. All around, a great show with good sound and lots of energy.

jaimek said:
Okay, have the pics up:
Thanks for posting them. We saw you too, wish we could have met.
Look at all the hands up with Xs on them. Got X'd last night.:)
Our son's 3 friends stayed outside the club and talked for quite awhile with all the guys.
Man, we are just not right today after that show, it takes awhile to come down to reality.
Hey, Providence R.I. and NYC.....Enjoy the show!! It's gonna be good.

That was an UNBELIEVABLE show last night :headbang: I'm still recovering from it because it just overwhelmed me with how much energy there was in the band during the whole performance. Great pics jaimek. I saved every single one to my computer in case I somehow forget how much Symphony X KICKED ASS.
I don't know if I met any of you. I was one of the many X'd people up against the stage in front of Romeo, and I was wearing my dorky shirt I made for Romeo :p that said Top 100 Guitarists on the back with Romeo's name in every slot. He either loved it or got a kick out of how corny it was :) but either way we got a picture taken together. I'm not sure if it was you who took the picture Jax, but whoever it was, could I get a copy of it???

That show was the best one I've seen yet. All the members were on top of their game. I took some pictures and will have them posted here soon. My friend and I were in the very front in the middle, so there should be some nice close ups.

What's up Alex, I'm gonna try to get some multiple copies of those pictures.

I THINK the setlist was:
Inferno
Wicked
Accolade 2
Evolution
Communion
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Odyssey
(Not sure about the order in the middle)

RR1 Player said:
That show was the best one I've seen yet. All the members were on top of their game. I took some pictures and will have them posted here soon. My friend and I were in the very front in the middle, so there should be some nice close ups.

What's up Alex, I'm gonna try to get some multiple copies of those pictures.

I THINK the setlist was:
Inferno
Wicked
Accolade 2
Evolution
Communion
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Odyssey
(Not sure about the order in the middle)

Hey Andrew, it was cool hangin out with you and Zack at the show. I look forward to seeing the pics. About the setlist, I'm pretty sure Evolution came before Accolade II, but other than that I'm almost positive it's right.

RR1 Player said:
AWESOME pictures!

Alex, looks like Romeo liked your shirt! How much longer after we left did Romeo come out?

He probably came out about an hour and half or so after we split. Maybe just an hour I'm not sure. It was a coooold and windy night, so 5 minutes could have seemed like 30. Haha, by the time Mike came out I was looking my worst, but ehh.... what are you gonna do. Luckily I found a cool group of funny talkative guys that were staying after to meet the guys too. They made the wait much more enjoyable. :)

oh yea! and ALL thanks go out to Jax for taking the pictures! You RULE :headbang: . and of course many many thanks to mike himself (maybe even 100 thank yous) and the whole band! Awesome show once again! Now go home and get some of that deserved r&r.