Bands With Screaming Vocals - Clean Chorus

Crippled_Promise

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2007
Hello all. I am new here and I just am looking for some new bands. I am looking for bands that Scream and then sing in the chorus. A good example would be the old It Dies Today. A good song by them for a demonstration would be "Freak Gasoline Fight Accident".

Any bands that scream and have melodic choruses are good. Like the old Trivium in songs like "A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation" "The Deceived" and so on. Also another good example is All That Remains, and the best one I can think of is Killswitch Engage. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mmm...sounds like you want metalcore :)

The Autumn Offering - Embrace the Gutter
Unearth - III:In the Eyes of Fire
All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
Shadows Fall - The War Within
Maintain - With a Vengeance...Kind'a borderline.

If you wanted to try grunting/growling vocals with a clean chorus you could try Scar Symmetry but I think they're terrible...just putting it out there.

Indeed, that genre is known as "metalcore."

Melodic death metal might also appeal to you (Scar Symmetry being an example that the last poster used)

Or better yet, Opeth! Unlike metalcore, they AREN'T flagrantly homosexual, but they do use a mix of both brutal and clean vocals.

real metalcore is shit like Botch and Coalesce, which take influence from late 80s crossover acts like The Accused and Cryptic Slaughter. real metalcore does not have clean vocals. that shit we call nu-metal AKA talentless garbage.

however, with the exception of Opeth and the majority of doom/death, I don't really care for clean/harsh vocal combos.

Ohio, what you've described as "real metalcore" sounds more like hardcore. Metalcore is not in any way related to nu-metal, Korn, Papa Roach and Linkin Park are nu-metal bands; they don't sound much like Unearth or Shadows Fall, do they? I think you've highlighted a common misconception of the genre, though: a lot of people seem to think that metalcore is hardcore, probably because it has it's roots in hardcore. But that's just my take.

real metalcore is shit like Botch and Coalesce, which take influence from late 80s crossover acts like The Accused and Cryptic Slaughter. real metalcore does not have clean vocals. that shit we call nu-metal AKA talentless garbage.

Oh, shut up you fucking douchebag. Eat shit and die.

You are one ignorant fucking bastard. If you like metalcore or not, labeling it as talentless garbage is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. Ther are plenty of metalcore bands out there ten times more musically talented than anything you listen to.

I listen to a lot of the same bands as you, but christ, at least I'm a little open minded. SAying "real metalcore doeos not have clean vocals" just because the early metalcore bands didn't use them is the same as saying real black metal doesn't use clean vocals. Or keyboards. Or something like that.

So shut your fucking mouth and stop complaining about people being narrow minded and shitting on grindcore, because you are just as bad, if not worse.

you should check out the new Amon Amarth (With Oden on our side) the chorus is easily understandable. Also the lyrics rules them and Bolt Thrower make me want to go to war so bad!