Bands with stupid names

what about As I Lay Dying, Butthole Surfers, Weezer, Third Eye Blind, Dropkick Murphy's, Flogging Molly, The Piss Drunx, TurboNegro, HIM, or The Bloodhound Gang. talk about fucked up names.

as i lay dying was the name of a hemingway novel, dropkick murphy's is because they are a bunch of southies who like wrestling, flogging molly is because they are a bunch of drunk irish people who play good music.

the rest i give a fuck all about.

im sorry guys..
but i have to say it..
Nine inch nails

itz one of my favorit bands..

but the name..
:s

^ Hi there everyone!!!

It's not like I'm back...(i quitted this shit... I have a life to live... seriously)

I'm just here to introduce this emo-like goth (he's no emo.. he is really goth)

he's name... danthe... the guy above me.. (i think)...

I might be ruinning this kid's life here... but anyway... just wanted to feel how is to be "back"

oh... and a really stupid name is children of bodom... C'mon!.. inearthed was way much better!!1!

[/sarcasm]

now seriously... i think nightwish is g4yz00r name :lol:

im sorry guys..
but i have to say it..
Nine inch nails

itz one of my favorit bands..

but the name..
:s
Blame Tori Amos :lol:
Trent took the phrase from a lyric in her song Precious Things. It could be abbreviated, looked good on paper and stuck well. It has no meaning. haha

A good band should have a good, catchy name agreed?

A lot of my friends are into Dave Matthew's Band. Now their music is ok I guess, but why the FUCK would you name a band after yourself? I hate that.

Also bands that start with the word "the" and are followed by "insert noun(s) here" like The Rentals, The Postal Service, The Cure, The Format, etc tend to rub me the wrong way. It doesn't make the band sound particularly interesting.

This is not about whether you like or dislike the music, but just about stupid ass band names. Lets discuss.

I saw Dave Matthew at a doughnut shop the other day but at the time I wasn't sure if it was him... and he was a nice guy - he made at least 3 jokes about the stroller I was pushing. So that makes me feel bad about bashing his shitty band and band name.

So yeah, there's this Seattle band called Death Cab for Cutie. They don't necessarily suck, but it's a long name and long band names suck. And I bet someone has said this by now (I didn't read the thread), but ALL these Norwegian black metal bands have SHITTY names.

But there's this one Brazilian band that's called "Calcinha Preta", which means "Black Panties". Stupid!

hocico..

another of my favorite bands..

but..
THE NAME!!
THE NAMEEE!!
sounds awful ....

Pfffff..