Bands you have never seen live that you have always wanted to?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
What bands have you never seen live that you have always wanted to but for what ever reason it hasn't happened. Kind of a random mix of bands but for me I guess it would be

Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Bolt Thrower
Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Geto Boys
Seaweed
Crass
Subhumans

In not special order

Van Halen
Rush
Fleetwood Mac
Opeth
Slayer
BB King
Buddy Guy
SRV
Jimi Hendrix
Twisted Sister
TOOL
Black Sabeth
Motor Head
Steely Dan
T bone walker
Eric Johnson
Joe Satriani
Steve miller band
Thin lizzy
Oh and others I cant' think of right now.

Ozzy [with Randy]
Black Sabbath [with Dio]
Led Zeppelin
Rainbow
Jimi Hendrix
Spiral Architect
Oysterhead
Warren Zevon
Frank Zappa

I've seen 9 of the bands on Kerry's list
and 3 from ironmaidenfan09's list

Aerosmith

Joe Perry is the reason why I picked up a guitar. His whole persona drew me in. An incredibly sexy, cool looking man with an attitude.

nlukes said:
Aerosmith

Joe Perry is the reason why I picked up a guitar. His whole persona drew me in. An incredibly sexy, cool looking man with an attitude.

Jimi Hendrix is my HERO.
The man did more in the few years of his life then most do in a lifetime. Most people don't get it but when you play guitar or at least understand what it takes, then you realize what an absolute genius he was. Like a lot of musical greats he never learned to read music. he just had the feel, talent, and most of all the determination. all before his twenty eighth birthday.
I just wounder what he'd sound like today.

Jeff & Linda
Man gotta hand it to ya I've got nineteen on that list an you two have seen almost half :worship: :worship: :worship:
Kerry
Ps I gotta get up to MDR to see the free shows and a certain bassist

nlukes said:
Aerosmith

Joe Perry is awesome!!!!! You can always remember his solos note for note cuz they are so perfect for the music. Looks great, sex appeal for days! I saw Aerosmith once with the new guys when Joe Perry left and it wasn't very good. I saw them with the reunited band and that was excellent!!!!! :headbang:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Joe Perry is awesome!!!!! You can always remember his solos note for note cuz they are so perfect for the music. Looks great, sex appeal for days! I saw Aerosmith once with the new guys when Joe Perry left and it wasn't very good. I saw them with the reunited band and that was excellent!!!!! :headbang:

It's always an exciting experience to finally get to see a band after you have been listening and loving their music from the cds or tapes. Just last year I had that experience of "Wow"....when I was in LA and was looking for something to do on a Saturday nite. The Iron Maidens were playing at Paladinos and I knew that Linda McDonald was in the band. I was thinking that she is that incredible drummer that is on the Phantom Blue tape ( We're Going Mad!!!!!) So what a thrill that was to finally get to see you play live and what a great live performance it was.

So just remember, while you are getting wowed by the likes of Aerosmith etc., there are alot of people out there that are also thrilled to be able to hear / see you and the Maidens play live.

PS: Phantom Blue should have been famous. Life is not fair.

nlukes said:

Too fucking right!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree any more - they are up there in my top 5 bands along with Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden and Guns N' Roses!!
headbob.gif

Gary Moore (early to mid 80's era)
Metallica (w/Cliff)
Thin Lizzy (w/Phil)
The Ramones (got interested in them too late)
AC/DC (w/Bon)
Cradle Of Filth (when Nick was still drumming for them)

Def Leppard and
Alice in Chains

I've been pretty fortunate to have seen quite a few bands and seen a lot of the major metal bands i.e Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc but those two are ones that I definetly would like to still see. I was so bummed when Layne died since that killed all chances of them getting back together and being able to see them.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
What bands have you never seen live that you have always wanted to but for what ever reason it hasn't happened. Kind of a random mix of bands but for me I guess it would be

Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Bolt Thrower
Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Geto Boys
Seaweed
Crass
Subhumans

The Beatles
John Lennon solo
Led Zep with JB
Ozzy with Randy
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters
Grateful Dead with Pigpen
The original Beach Boys would have been cool to see
Stevie Ray
Stevie Wonder
BOB MARLEY

probably tons more :)

maidensfan13 said:
Def Leppard and
Alice in Chains

I've been pretty fortunate to have seen quite a few bands and seen a lot of the major metal bands i.e Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc but those two are ones that I definetly would like to still see. I was so bummed when Layne died since that killed all chances of them getting back together and being able to see them.

I saw Alice in Chains open for Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax back in like 91 they were really good live. Pretty much unknown at that time but I actually had their facelift album and live they were really heavy sounding. I never got to see them after that which I wish I would have as Dirt is one of the best albums ever!

Def Leppard rocks live as well

nlukes said:
It's always an exciting experience to finally get to see a band after you have been listening and loving their music from the cds or tapes. Just last year I had that experience of "Wow"....when I was in LA and was looking for something to do on a Saturday nite. The Iron Maidens were playing at Paladinos and I knew that Linda McDonald was in the band. I was thinking that she is that incredible drummer that is on the Phantom Blue tape ( We're Going Mad!!!!!) So what a thrill that was to finally get to see you play live and what a great live performance it was.

So just remember, while you are getting wowed by the likes of Aerosmith etc., there are alot of people out there that are also thrilled to be able to hear / see you and the Maidens play live.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks nlukes and Metallicat. You are so kind. I'm happy you like the PB stuff.:p

System of a Down
Static X
Andy Gibb (he was a cutie pie!)