What Bands Have You Seen Live?

Have seen many shows over the years, the highlights include, Metallica (many time back in the day), they even came out in the parking lot after a show and hung out with us for almost 2 hours one hot summer night. Motorhead ( No man owns a stage like MR.KILMINSTER), and Megadeth and Testament playing a small skatepark in 90'. I'm sure Opeth in March will be right up there.

Steedus said:
You don't have to go to the show to hear a band play live. there's DVD's, radio, bootlegs, tapes, TV, the internet........

Those new recordings of Opeth at BBC are seriouly making me reconsider seeing them when they come to Bris....

Lol if you think that A Dvd is equal to a live performance. be ashamed, be very ashamed.

affinityband said:
Lol if you think that A Dvd is equal to a live performance. be ashamed, be very ashamed.

I didn't say that, but a shit performace is a shit performance, whether you're there or not.

It's my fault anyway. I want too much out of them. Though playing songs noticable slower or faster is terrible in my book. Just ruins it. For me at least.

affinityband said:
Its different when your there. So much different. If your juding from a bootleg or dvd thats just not good. The the first hand experience is what you need. And i guarentee you wont be dissapointed.
AMEN FATHER!

affinityband said:
Its different when your there. So much different. If your juding from a bootleg or dvd thats just not good. The the first hand experience is what you need. And i guarentee you wont be dissapointed.

True, but there have been many occasions where I have been in the crowd and thought, geez this is bad.... just ruins it for me. And yeah i've seen more than 1 band live, but only APC would be known here... the others were just smaller or aussie bands so didnt mention them.

But apart from all that, I have to say my main concern in seeing Opeth this time, is the lack of Lopez. I've seen a few bands with a member missing and it's never the same. And not sure if this is the reason, but it seems to be showing, with the songs being played slower etc...

Vocals are another big set back for live performances. I can't stand bad vocals. Esspecially backing vocals. I say if you can't so the harmonies, just don't do them..

Anyway, enough of this...

affinityband said:
You pay more for a dvd than you do an Opeth ticket. Id go with the Ticket. Just do it. Lets put it this way. Its sounds better and more exciting than on the cd when your there.

Opeth DVD = AU$25

Opeth ticket = AU$61

:Spin:

But I know you're right... It would be cool to be there.

In Israel the Dvd costs 125NIS(=27$US today's currency)
the ticket: 160NIS(=34$US)
which is much less then I payed for concerts of other artists that came to Israel.
61 Australian bucks is pretty expensive for an opeth concert

Opeth (2 times)
Sirenia (2 times)
Rammstein (2 times)
REM (2 times)
Trail Of Tears (2 times)
Coldplay (2 times)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (2 times)
Faithless (2 times)
QOTSA (2 times)
Tristania
QNTAL
Faun
Therion
Battlelore
Saltatio Mortis
F.A.Q.
The Old Dead Tree
Metallica
Pain
Tiamat
Theatre Of Tragedy
Esoteric
Mourning Beloved
Anathema
Apocaltyptica
Roger Waters
Edenbrigde
Angelzoom
Radiohead
Moloko
Kraftwerk
Chemical Brothers
While Heaven Wept
And many others

Last night:

After Forever & Nightmare.
Nightmare had a lot of energy and put on a good show, despite the crowd not buying into it.

After Forever slayed, and came back for 2 encores. They also included For Whom The Bell Tolls and The Evil That Men Do in their set, and fired off both flawlessly. Great gig.

I went to 11 shows last year but I missed out on possibly the two best. Vader/Decapitated and Nevermore(headliner mind you) w/ Behemoth. I probably would have moshed my ass off even though those days are done. I'll be at the wilbern this year to see Opeth...and I'll probably see Morbid Angel/behemoth and maybe Celtic Frost if they tour so cal. If emperor still has tix left I might see them too. other than that I'm pretty much taking it easy with shows.

Metallica (3x)
Pantera (2x)
Fear Factory (8x)
Arch Enemy (10x)
Arcturus (1x)
Nevermore (4x)
Dark Tranquility (2x)
Children of Bodom (2x)
In Flames (6x)
System of a Down (1)
Powerman 5000 (1)
Korn (1x)
Dew Scented (2x)
Mercenery (1x)
Dimmu borgir (2x)
Dimension zero (1x)
Strapping Young Lad (2x)
God Forbid (2x)
Puya (2x)
Dark Funeral (1x)
Slayer (3x)
Opeth (3x)
Porcupine Tree (2x)
Chimera (1x)
Hatebreed (1x)
Napalm Death (1x)
The Devin Townsend Band (1x)
U2 (1x)
Godsmack (1x)
Scrape (1x)
Hate Eternal (2x)
Morbid Angel (1x)
Dry Kill Logic (2x)
Clutch (1x)
Evergrey (1x)
Hypocricy (1x)
Jerry Cantrell (1x)
Days of the New (1x)
Sworn Enemy (2x)
Beecher (1x)
All that Remains (2x)
Vital Remains (1x)
Nile (1x)
Lamb of God (1x)
Kill Switch Engage (2x)
Krisiun (1x)
The Berzerker (1x)
Paradise Lost (1x)
Soilwork (1x)
The Haunted (1x)
Sonata Arctica (1x)
Kataklysm (1x)
Most Precious Blood (1x)
Black Dahlia Murder (1x)
Primer 55 (3x)
Brand New Sin (1x)

There's more, I cant remember though and keep in mind all the shitty fucking bands were just opening acts or had places at festivals