bands you like that are not "true"

Moshpit said:
What makes a band "true"? This kind of discussion is stupid IMHO.
Bands that are icons of their genre, in other words, bands that fit every stereotype of their genre. The term is generally used to describe black metal bands :tickled:

Back to the subject: I would say Soilwork and Ulver (they're not even metal nowadays)

.... Well, I don't really care About if their true or Not, if they don't bullshit me, Meh, why do I care. If I like their music, Ill sure as Hell listen to it... Personnally, image of fakness or not.. Fuck that. If They aren't true you can hear it in their music. But now im just tlaking for the hell of it so laters.

I like some metal (or non-metal) bands that are mocked as un-tr00 or ghey or whatever. I do get shit for liking them at times. I dont give a shit about how tr00, br00tal or underground a band is. I do like some of that metal considered tr00 though. Heh, some fans worry too much about the image of the bands and how others will percieve them by listening to them.

Biohazard - I bloody love them since 2 years ago. Their early songs are just rapcore/hardcore but their new songs ARE heavy metal.

Cold - Yeah, yeah... I like some of their earlier alternative/nu-metal work but their newer shit is just pop alternative :puke:

Deftones - I've liked them for like 3 years ago.

Glassjaw - I love them. I usually fucking despise emo-metal-hardcore but they do it in a way that doesnt sound forced if you know what I mean.

Pantera - They're untrue and white trash? Fuck you. I want to get one thing straight... they are heavy metal whether you love them or hate them I dont give a fuck. Yes they used to be hair metal but not anymore. I've pretty much put my faith on this band even though Anselmo can say some terribly arrogant things.

Sepultura - They might not be the wicked thrash band like in the best but I still think they're good. A lot better than shitfly.. that's for sure.

Sevendust - They are obviously not 100% metal but who cares?

Slipknot - Again they are nu-metal but they are heavy metal whether you love/hate them. They are a lot more "heavy metal" compared to other nu-metal bands like Disturbed, Korn or Linkin Park.

you are all fucking losers.No one use the definition True.
Get a fucking life you pathetic teenage twats and get your fathers cock out of your ass.

"True" is a term used by the black metal underground to distinguish real black metal from bands who are regularly mistaken for black metal (ie Cradle, Dimmu, Emperor, Marduk, Dark Funeral ect) but applying it to other styles has no meaning. The only possible answer is that you want to classify "false" metal (in true Manowar style) and are talking about hard rock, grindcore, mallcore, metal core, glam or some other style which ISN'T metal.

If those bands are rubbished in the "scene" it's usually because they suck, Opeth get alot of undiserved badmouthing but the other bands mentioned (Dimmu, Decide, In Flames, (new) Sepultura, (new) Paradise lost, Cannibal corpse, Pantera ect) definatly take shit for a reason.

Avgrund said:
you are all fucking losers.No one use the definition True.
Get a fucking life you pathetic teenage twats and get your fathers cock out of your ass.
What a fuckin' moron :lol:. I would tell you to get your head out of your ass before writing worthless shit on these forums.