are there any bands that sound like obituary?

zombie havoc

Feb 7, 2004
i'm not too into cannibal corpse, morbid angel, type stuff..but i love the shit out of obituary. particuarly the vocals. are there any other bands that have a similar style?

I dont get why you dont like Morbid Angel when their earlier work sounds similar to Obituary. You can try Bolt Thrower, Celtic Frost, Death (James Murphy played with them), Entombed (early), Massacre, and Malevolent Creation. I love Obituary, they're my favourite death metal band.

the vocals to most death metal just seem lower/deeper and more "growly" than obituary. i do like death though. for the vocals as well.

If you want something similar, look no further to their biggest influence, almost to the point of rip-off/clone......Celtic Frost. If you want a combination of both Obituary and Celtic Frost, try out Cianide. Their earlier work, most notably on releases such as "The Dying Truth" and "A Descent Into Hell" were extremely well-crafted slabs of doomy death metal. Highly recommended.

Check out "ALL OUT WAR". The vocals are identical. The music style is similar to earlier Obituary. They have two earlier cd's out, and just released "condemened to suffer" on Victory records last year. It's brutal shit.