bands YOU think joey should produce!

timislegend

Jun 8, 2010
so... i was thinking about joey's "sound". it's something that has a life of it's own, now. o_O

there are a lot of bands out there that want his "magical touch"!

what bands do YOU think would sound amazing if sturgis produced it?

i'll start:

- between the buried and me

(one of my favorite bands)

this band already sounds amazing, but wouldn't it be great to hear a btbam/joey sturgis production?

*i'm counting the days until it happens!

note: it can be a band that no one has ever heard of.

another note: there is no right or wrong ideas here ...this is for fun!

I've always wanted to hear some "classic" metal albums with a Sturgis production. Master Of Puppets, Reign In Blood, even Black Sabbath. It'd be quite interesting, and I REALLY want someone to do it!

I personally would love to hear what he could do with a Dimmu Borgir record. That would be fucking epic.

ummm and just to see what would happen. The Chariot.
There's no way in hell that Joey's "style" could work for that band and it would be really interesting seeing what he would do.

Seriously, I like Joey's productions a lot for the genre "his" bands are.. but please not BTBAM.
It totally wouldn't fit the whole sound.. well his typical sound, that is. Not saying he can't produce a different but you know, his "signature" sound is absolutely not what I would like for Between The Buried And Me.

I think Joey with BTBAM would be a great thing! I'm sure their label isn't as strict as Rise and they wouldn't start advertising the album until it was almost done, ya know? I think with BTBAM, Joey could actually get some real guitar and drum tones so it'd be a whole different style of sturgis

Seriously, I like Joey's productions a lot for the genre "his" bands are.. but please not BTBAM.
It totally wouldn't fit the whole sound.. well his typical sound, that is. Not saying he can't produce a different but you know, his "signature" sound is absolutely not what I would like for Between The Buried And Me.

i wouldn't pigeon hole either one. btbam always "sounds" different.

joey's productions always "sound" different to me as well (for the most part, it changes progressively).

both are ridiculously creative in terms of song writing... i would love to hear it.

+1 to of machines

but id like to see joey produce metallica lol

but really, id like to see some big budget pop bands put out albums with joey, like forever the sickest kids, all time low, boys like girls. id just really like to see how that would sound

edit.
and underoath

ANother Plus for doing the BTBAM is Joey's ability to write and hear snyth shit and they are always doing stuff like that

jipchen your post makes no since....Honestly i think Joey could do any band and give it a little something

August Burns Red, sounds awesome already I think, they are more straight up without all the bass boost, reverse snare stuff. I would like to hear Sturgis take on that project, but....ABR is amazing just alone with guitar, bass, drums and screams IMO.

dream on, dreamer. post hardcore band that sounds like we came as romans only 100 times better and it would be pretty cool to hear anthems to the welkin at dusk by emperor re-recorded with joey.

i thought of some others:

- protest the hero
- psyopus
- fall of troy

and i don't know why ...but i feel like he could make "the used" awesome again.