joey no longer recording??

I dont get the "halfassed" thing. I think his work gets better and better.

Agreed Kyle! Oh you mean he's evolved and is getting more natural and you miss the fakeness of the old sound? I don't, I this his newest stuff is absolutely spot on!! And honestly, records he mixes and masters are gunna be the Joey sound anyway, he just doesn't have to track it. Aka, win!

the thing with joey is that he could still turn everything around in the recording/tracking part of his career by moving around different studios, exploring the possibilites of tracking live good sounding drums on fat consoles and cranking guitar amps to eleven and doing stuff real for once. doing different stuff is what has made me want to produce and mix bands forever. music is always an equally big part of my life, but the genres change like the seasons. i too would be sick of recording breakdown abusing generic bands all day long using the same drum samples and software with nothing to show for it but a forum of kids asking for "how do joey pod farm preset? ¯\(°_o)/¯". but if i was jim scott today, i could just kick back and say "damn, that californication album those red hot chili peppers boys did sure was a piece of music history and always will be, thank god i'll always know i had a part in making it all happen until the day i die".

I'm pretty sure he has more to show for it than "a forum of kids asking for how do joey pod farm preset? ¯\(°_o)/¯" lol.....

I've always wanted to hear a Joey record without samples/pod. More importantly the pod thing. Even if it sucked i'd respect him more for doing it and putting it out there.

Well this is still always a possibility. He has never said he wouldnt use a real amp. Its just always been about what has worked best and podfarm so far has been it. I will say that any albums I do I will be providing both dis and reamped tones. So like I said you never know.