Would Joey ever consider using real amps?

I'll totally agree with you there man, I used to get some really nice tones out of my POD XT going into the poweramp of my Marshall. You can get a great range of sounds using a modeller and a cheap 6l6 and el34 based valve head (Windsor and Valveking?)

How exactly did you do this? Do you just plug it into the fx-loop input?
I've got a valveking and this sounds pretty interesting.

I am not sure how a speaker emulation works but it sounds pretty good to us. When you mic a cab the speaker is of course driving the Dynamic mic back to just a standard level signal anyway. Speaker emulation boxes are out there it looks like a good route to go if you like a specific amp sound.

Just trying to help and post our experience so far....

BTW Solicitors are lawyers. I am not a lawyer!! lol

How exactly did you do this? Do you just plug it into the fx-loop input?
I've got a valveking and this sounds pretty interesting.

Yep just plug it in the FX return. Make sure to switch off the cab simulation so you're just using the POD as a preamp simulation. Well worth trying as I found the valve poweramp really smooths things out and gets rid of some of the POD's harshness. I remember my Marshall DSL poweramp sounded great with it as it added a nice crunch to the mids, I had a Valveking too and found that to be a bit flatter and cleaner sounding.

Only thing to watch out for is the master volume on your POD, as normally going in the FX return bypasses the master volume on the amp. You'll still have the Presence & Resonance controls for overall bass/treble adjustment.