bands you think suck

i dont listen to a lot of thrash, but i just played this and quite enjoyed it:

1631.jpg

neal said:
i dont listen to a lot of thrash, but i just played this and quite enjoyed it:

1631.jpg

my brother has been trying to get me to listne to that for a long time but i just keep forgetting, i've heard good things about it. would you say its really good or just mediocre or what?

Dead_Lioness said:
haha, I totally agree with you, my friend.

Its sad, because its like people who think they can draw nicely
and become an "Artist"
Just because you can "make" art, doesn't mean you understand it.
because you don't understand it, it'll always be less than what you could have done with stuying the history and the artist prior to you.
its a fact.
To become a great author its not enough to just sit and make up a story.
The more you read, the better you'll be.
the more you open your mind to all the influences that are around you,
the more creative you'll be.THATS A FACT.

same with music... you may think I diss Edguy and Hammerfall and all those based on the fact that I never heard them... but believe it or not, I own
some of those CDs myself.
I have heard it, I bet if James will play Theater Of Salvation for me
i'd sing all the songs with him...
I have tried listening to those bands, hell, I even reviewed them back when I worked for Metal Hammer,
and I personally, just don't like them... (hey Karmic: "LET THE HAMMER FALL!" - I have that CD as well)
But still, how can you not at least try to listen to Sabath or some other legends... the legeds that
influenced the bands that you like today..... thats beyond me.
but then again.... Im not here to preach you.

:wave:

Funny, I consider myself an artist, and I've barely had any art classes, and almost no art history classes. Somehow, I don't get where you think that you have to be influenced to be great, I mean I wouldn't consider myself the best artist on the face of the earth (artists are there own worst critics). I however feel that I have my own style. Quite frankly Im tired of the concept that everyone seems to have that when it comes to being the best, you have to be influenced by the best. Whatever happened to being unique through hard work? I've drawn the same piece over and over and over again and changed it every time. I do believe learning about something can help you, but because I study art, doesn't mean I have the ability to become a better artist.
Most people do not learn from the greats, they merely copy them. Thats why the radio sounds like shit.

P.s. Im not trying to diss you, I understand what you mean, but I don't believe that, what you say is a fact.

^ Oh god, I did not say you have to be "influenced" are you kidding ????
You, first of all, need to be who you ARE. You need to be yourself.
But I didn't say you need to be influenced, I say you need to be educated, open minded, inspired, explore the world aroubd you, to see what people did prior to you, the more you gather into your brain the more creativity you'll get.
Its a fact.... and its quit cool if you think that you are at your peak of your creativity now
and you don't need to learn about the outside world, thats very cool for you!....
but just think how many more inspirations you'll gain by just simply...
opening your mind....

thats all I've been saying, really :Spin:

Lunar Still said:
I'll throw my vote in for thrash. If you don't like the genre, chances are you haven't heard any early material from Death Angel or Destruction.

Death Angel Act III(I own it) is precisely why I don't like thrash. It's just not my thing...never was...no big deal...just my opinion...I like some thrash, just not the majority.

schenkadere said:
It's nice that you like yourself so, now it's easier to see why you're such a dick...are you also posting pics in that assless chaps thread? You guys are so metal!:headbang:

I don't post those pics because I like myself, I posted them because you insisted on claiming my haircut was like that Fast Show dude. Apparently you enjoy arguing over the 'Net because I never gave you any reason to do so. I never targeted you, in fact, a few pages ago, I tried to show you guys each other's standpoint and try to make you understand.

But now I know you're just a frustrated little wanker acting tough behind his computer. Tosser.

Stormrider1981 said:
I don't post those pics because I like myself, I posted them because you insisted on claiming my haircut was like that Fast Show dude. Apparently you enjoy arguing over the 'Net because I never gave you any reason to do so. I never targeted you, in fact, a few pages ago, I tried to show you guys each other's standpoint and try to make you understand.

But now I know you're just a frustrated little wanker acting tough behind his computer. Tosser.

Yup...you got it all!!!

Are you doing the European tour of Grease onstage?

Stormrider1981 said:
I have plenty of friends, but none of them are like Mr. Milano, thankfully.

Well...you did target and start shit...you don't talk smack about people's friends, especially people you don't know...simple as that. That made you no better than the other fool.