Bands you want to come back

Some people are too nostalgic when it comes to their favorite bands. I think Deep Purple are much better live these days with Steve Morse than they were with Blackmore. I know he wrote Highway Star and all, but I think he should stay pussy whipped pretending to play mediaval music. I also think Menza's drumming in Megadeth was nothing special.

If I was married to this:

3227923458_f370eaed09_o.jpg

I'd be dressing up like a dork and going to Renaissance Fairs too.

Morse is solid, but Blackmore is awesome, and I would love to see the Mark III line up playing the material from Burn and Stormbringer.

Come to think I should have added the Mark IV lineup to the impossible list.

Morse is a solid player, but come on man, you wouldn't want to go see Purple with Blackmore knowing he might wreck his amps and set fire to the fucking stage as he often did?!

I saw them on the Battle Rages On tour. It was visible they were tired of each other. I've seen them four times, three times with Morse afterwards, the band chemistry certainly got better.

I'm not the biggest Purple fan, not at all in fact. I only like a few of their songs and one of my favourite albums of theirs is "Come Taste the Band" which Ritchie wasn't even on.
But I recently read his biography and it was a great read, I recommend it to everyone, I laughed out loud quite a few times at the stupid shit Blackmore got up to (literally in some cases, I can see where Frank got the idea from).

I'm not the biggest Purple fan, not at all in fact. I only like a few of their songs and one of my favourite albums of theirs is "Come Taste the Band" which Ritchie wasn't even on.
But I recently read his biography and it was a great read, I recommend it to everyone, I laughed out loud quite a few times at the stupid shit Blackmore got up to (literally in some cases, I can see where Frank got the idea from).

Whose back did Richie crap on?
Gillan's, right?

The System Has Failed was meant to be Mustaine's first solo album, but in the end he had to release it under the name Megadeth to fulfil Megadeth's record contract at the time. The '04-tour was also supposed to be Megadeth's last. Mustaine even contacted the RIP lineup for that tour, but things didn't work out. At the time Mustaine was talking how he didn't want to do heavy touring anymore, but just to release solo albums and play a show every now and then. He said he'd be playing Megadeth, solo stuff and even some old Metallica!

Of course in the end he just decided to continue with Megadeth.

Ever think about how much you would really want a certain band to come back, even if it would be impossible? I sure do!

-Pantera
-Death
-SOD
-Vio-lence
-Xentrix
-Torture

Are some just to name a few.

Bands that still around but haven't made an album in a long time count, too.

-Anthrax :lol:
-Razor
-Faith No More
-RATM

Xentrix reunited in 2006 for a bunch of gigs in the UK. They won't be back. A couple of the guys are now in Hellfighter.

New material from COC...

It's funny you should say that. The guys at work and I agree on very little. One thing we all have in common though is our love for COC. One day we were all bored and uninspired so I pulled out the COC. The whole office was rockin the COC in no time. A couple of the ladies complained though! You know, those girls that don't like COC. You can tell them a mile away. You just see them and you say to yourself, "Now there is a girl that doesn't like COC." I think if they just tried COC they'd like it.
Anyway, I'm rambling on. But, I believe everyone on this board should go to work tomorrow and try to expose your coworkers to some COC.

America's Volume dealer is one of my all time favorite albums. Different sound, but a great fucking southern rock/metal cd.

In The Arms of God is a also an amazing album.

As a longtime COC fan I'm excited about new music with the Animosity lineup.... but I want a new disc with Pepper.

America's Volume dealer is one of my all time favorite albums. Different sound, but a great fucking southern rock/metal cd.

As a longtime COC fan I'm excited about new music with the Animosity lineup.... but I want a new disc with Pepper.

I loved the In The Arms of God record - awesome stuff.

coc are pretty damn cool,clean my wounds is a killer song.