Bands you want to hear ANDY SNEAP mix

nooo bodom, their new shit isnt worthy. If it had to be metal i'd say someone like Mors Principium Est.

Mr. Sneap needs to team up with Max Martin on some pop metal. :kickass:

For anything other than Andy's CV (and wallet), I'd rather he mix a good young band than a huge band that hasn't written a good album in twenty years.

edit: To clarify, I'm thinking of a couple of specific bands listed here, but I would really like to hear what he'd do with Maiden or Priest.

+1 for Metallica , Judas Priest , Shadows Fall

and WARRIOR !!

WARRIOR_TBHS.JPG

For anything other than Andy's CV (and wallet), I'd rather he mix a good young band than a huge band that hasn't written a good album in twenty years.

But don't you think that some of the bigger bands that have put out weaker albums over the years may benefit from having Andy as producer as well? I bet if Maiden jumped on board with him for an album, we'd have another "Number" or "Powerslave" as the end result. My only reason for thinking this is because of what happened with Nevermore. They go with someone else for EOR right after they did DHIADW (which was brilliant) and aside from the obvious shitty sound, the songs on EOR aren't actually that great. The remix helped that album a lot ... A LOT ... but then they go back to Andy for TGE and FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Another brilliant album

But don't you think that some of the bigger bands that have put out weaker albums over the years may benefit from having Andy as producer as well? I bet if Maiden jumped on board with him for an album, we'd have another "Number" or "Powerslave" as the end result. My only reason for thinking this is because of what happened with Nevermore. They go with someone else for EOR right after they did DHIADW (which was brilliant) and aside from the obvious shitty sound, the songs on EOR aren't actually that great. The remix helped that album a lot ... A LOT ... but then they go back to Andy for TGE and FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Another brilliant album

+ 666

o.....I forget about Metal Church!! in my opinion one of the best metal band in the 80's...are they alive yet??

But don't you think that some of the bigger bands that have put out weaker albums over the years may benefit from having Andy as producer as well? I bet if Maiden jumped on board with him for an album, we'd have another "Number" or "Powerslave" as the end result. My only reason for thinking this is because of what happened with Nevermore. They go with someone else for EOR right after they did DHIADW (which was brilliant) and aside from the obvious shitty sound, the songs on EOR aren't actually that great. The remix helped that album a lot .
I actually edited my post. To be clear, EOR has good material regardless so that isn't what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that I don't care what he would do for an album with terrible music just b/c the band is famous. I think the production point is fair, but to be specific (at the risk of getting flamed), no amount of guidance is going to make Metallica cut a good album now. I would rather hear what Andy could do to shape a young, talented band....sylosis for example.

I actually edited my post. To be clear, EOR has good material regardless so that isn't what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that I don't care what he would do for an album with terrible music just b/c the band is famous. I think the production point is fair, but to be specific (at the risk of getting flamed), no amount of guidance is going to make Metallica cut a good album now. I would rather hear what Andy could do to shape a young, talented band....sylosis for example.

Fair enough, and yeah, didn't see the edit to your post until just now:headbang:

I'll agree with Egan completely on this one, yeah might make a new Metallica or Slayer sound good, but he isn't gonna write their songs. He definitely could help shape the sound of a young band, I don't see no point in making St anger not sounding like total crap if the songs are still total crap

Well spoken, mate :kickass: I absolutely agree. The last 2 Maiden records sounded not really good..(they always say, it´s important for them to keep the live vibe)..but there are so much possibilities today, it could be all more polished and care taken. "Dance of death" was a catastrophe soundwise.

I think its time we star an all out internet campaign war to get Maiden on board with Andy for their next album. Bruce is sounding better than he has in over a decade ... its time to get one more massive mutherfucker of a Maiden album and Andy is the man to do it

I think its time we star an all out internet campaign war to get Maiden on board with Andy for their next album. Bruce is sounding better than he has in over a decade ... its time to get one more massive mutherfucker of a Maiden album and Andy is the man to do it

This. As it may well be their last, it should be a fucking killer song- and productionwise.

I just read from a magazine that Children of Bodom are actually entering a studio june 1st. According to Alexi, they don't have any studio booked yet and have still to find a producer... I think it could be interesting combination...