Care to mix this recording?

Howdy do
Here is my go at it:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01Ic0w0QTZOMUR2Wmc9PQ

I am using adobe auditon 2.0 which has total poop support for Midi, so I couldn't get your drum midi into it without it screwing it up. I couldn't import it correctly in Frooty Loops either.

I ended up just using your drum track and figuring out where the snare drums hit and layering another snare sample on top of it. I would have done the same thing for the kick, but it would have took forever.

I used Revalver MK II on the guitars. Tried to make it a rock and roll type song, so I added some delay on a couple of the guitars in the second major sounding riff.

Scissors mix is totally cool.

Howdy do
Here is my go at it:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01Ic0w0QTZOMUR2Wmc9PQ

I am using adobe auditon 2.0 which has total poop support for Midi, so I couldn't get your drum midi into it without it screwing it up. I couldn't import it correctly in Frooty Loops either.

I ended up just using your drum track and figuring out where the snare drums hit and layering another snare sample on top of it. I would have done the same thing for the kick, but it would have took forever.

I used Revalver MK II on the guitars. Tried to make it a rock and roll type song, so I added some delay on a couple of the guitars in the second major sounding riff.

Scissors mix is totally cool.
im gettin an error man

does anyone know how to receive the AD outputs in Reaper? i clicked the "out" buttons in AD, but i cant figure out how to access them

edit n/m i found it

Hey man I am gonna give this a go with Superior 2 and see what you think.

awesome

the drums were giving me the most trouble.

here is a new mix i made today

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=565745&songID=6756927

I just replaced the kick and snare with Slate samples...didnt come out perfect but came out better so thats all that matters.

This one is definitely closer to what i'm looking for. Its pumping like crazy but such a noob so its no wonder

hey how did you guys get the drum midi to be aligned with the guitars? I am loading the midi file onto an instrument track in pro tools and it doesnt match the guitars at all but I have the tempo set at 120. It sounds like the guitars are faster than the drums. Anybody else have this problem?

http://www.4shared.com/file/56783339/15bd3882/Dom_-_Quadmix.html?dirPwdVerified=5d43dc7

Here is..... but is more like rock n'roll or hardrock mix than metal.... i really like a midrange guitar mix for hardrock riffs...

PS: i really don't know were is the VSTi outputs in Reaper.... i don't use VSTi's in Reaper.

its cool. I think the drums could be more prominent though.

I usually dial in a midrangey tone myself...even when im playing metal....but im still pretty clueless about how a tone is going to sound in a mix. I just need to experiment with different tones i guess.

hey how did you guys get the drum midi to be aligned with the guitars? I am loading the midi file onto an instrument track in pro tools and it doesnt match the guitars at all but I have the tempo set at 120. It sounds like the guitars are faster than the drums. Anybody else have this problem?

shit

i just went back and looked and the tempo is 150
sorry

PostMortem1666 - I used a wave file of drums and bpm 120 as reference, and give some timestretch on drum midi track.

Kass - Thanks man... i'll give more gain in that drums..... midrange tone is very nice... but could inspire too much for HR or oldschool riffs i think...

Hey man heres my try at it.

Quad Mix

Guitars sound great. God i love this mid-rangey tone with this 80's HR/Rock-ish riff during the chorus (not a huge fan of the modern thrash riff on the verse though) !

Drums are not bad but they don't fit so well with the guitars IMO. I think it's just a matter of kick drum/snare EQ-ing. I'd use more crack on the snare or something, and use a tad more click on the kick drum.

I hardly hear the bass in the mix.

Guitars sound great. God i love this mid-rangey tone with this 80's HR/Rock-ish riff during the chorus (not a huge fan of the modern thrash riff on the verse though) !

Drums are not bad but they don't fit so well with the guitars IMO. I think it's just a matter of kick drum/snare EQ-ing. I'd use more crack on the snare or something, and use a tad more click on the kick drum.

I hardly hear the bass in the mix.

You dont like the riff:lol:

If im not mistaken, he used the mono drums WAV i uploaded...that would explain the less than stellar sound.

i do like the guitar tone he got