how to finetune our mix?

MbuscH

New Metal Member
Dec 18, 2005
Belgium
www.m-busch.be
Hello everyone,

This is our first post ever with a mix we are doing for our project.
We are the guys from Mbusch, and we try to follow your good
advice about mixing.
The mix is done in our little homestudio by ourselves.
The drums are made with samples from Andy (bassdrum and snare).

Can you guys please give us some advice to make our mix better if needed.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=485053

Dude... guitar sounds FIRE! What amp/mic config did you use...it's truly rocking!!!!

Drums sounds great but the "performance" lacks realism, where did you get the kick and snare sound from (snare sounds especially good) i cant seam to find them anywhere... (i'm still a n00b here)

C.

sounds awesome! the tune is truly rockin! only advice i can think of is maybe bringing the guitars down a taaaad and perhaps the kick up a drop. maybe thats just my preference though, cus if i had a gtr tone like that i would prob crank it too. also the toms could use a little bit more body, try some reverb or some low end around 60hz? good stuff though! thrashin! whats the deal with this band? how many members, what are you guys trying to acheive? just curious! lemme know if u want me to lay down some vocals or bass or something. lol ROCK ON!

on second thought, i'm listening to it with headphones now and the drums have enough reverb, u might just wanna raise the level of the toms a bit, but bringin the guitars down a tiny hair may solve that problem for you. playing is tight too!

Thanks guys for the good reactions so far. The guitarsound is made with
guitarsuite (vst plugin), and other plugins like magneto, BBE maximizer, sir1010+pod xt impulse, etc.........
I first tried with a V amp pro but it sounded like shit. I hate it...........
the drums are done with samples from Andy (snare and kick), cymbals DKFH, the toms are from a zoom 323.
Al of that is placed in the program Native Battery 2.

Our goals with members and band are : We are just with the two of us and we are going to finish about 8 songs.
Hopefully we will find some other members to perform live on stage.
We still need a drummer, bassplayer and a second sologuitar.

The vocals are not added yet, because we first wanted to know if the instrumental mix was ok.

Here is a link to the drumsamples from Andy ( already posted on this forum earlier on).

http://andysneap.com/media/drum%20samples/

Thank you guys and see you soon.