As requested, raw tracks for the Arch Enema stuff...

AH, right, just looked at a map - I thought they were right next to each other a la Norway + Sweden :D

whole song, mastered a bit different:

http://www.keinezeit.de/mp3s/um/archenema.mp3

Nope, I didn't use any of the DI tracks, just used yours and did some EQ.

Glad you like it!

Good stuff! Snare has a nice full punch, and the vocals sit well in the mix. Nice low end in the guitars aswell, they really growl!

This thread has like 600 views, and yet only one contribution! Anyone? :lol:
I'd love to hear some different takes on it!

Good stuff! Snare has a nice full punch, and the vocals sit well in the mix. Nice low end in the guitars aswell, they really growl!

This thread has like 600 views, and yet only one contribution! Anyone? :lol:
I'd love to hear some different takes on it!

Haha, thanks!
Actually I remixed again with fresh ears, gonna post it later, the guitars were too loud on this one :D

Great stuff! Nice to hear an alternative version of the song! I like the kick sound, but I could have used some more "UMPH" in it. I also loved the delay on the vox at some parts, and in the ending! One thing I didn't like was that the first solo was more "up front" in the mix, making it more obvious that I fucked it up! :lol:

Glad you liked it! It has been the first "full band" mix for me, I've never mixed vocals before... it has been funny cause the song is really cool!
About the kick you're absolutely right, but I had to cut a lot of lows because on the fast double kick parts (the most of the song) there was a really annoying muddyness... I should automate it...
Some snare rolls are a bit robotic I must say, and the mastering is not that hot...
I've fucked up the volume levels a bit using the freeze function, sorry for the solo ahah!

Cheers

Mic was a Studio Projects B1, just straight into my Inspire interface! Love the kick sound, but I really like how the drums are two bars behind all the time! :lol: