I HAVE IT

this thread = win

I love how youc an play anything at all through that pedal and it sounds like a regurgitating zombie

Absolutely. I'll be posting more stuff with it soon, do some Bloodbath covers or maybe some Dismember. I can't stop jamming with it either, just playing a slow lame powerchord progression with it just sounds so fucking sweet. :headbang:

Where is the justice in a world where a company like Digitech is allowed to bring abominations like the "Death Metal" pedal upon clueless souls and a genre-defining pearl like the HM-2 is being discontinued?

Wake up mofos at Roland/Boss!

was looking for one, too.....until I found my old MetalZone and put it in front of the Recto through g12t-57 speakers....now that is oldschool DM heaven....the Florida side though....now I still need the HM2 for the Scandinavian style ;)
Are you running it through the clean channel or are you using it as a boost on the distortion channel.
I'm guessing the first option, right?

Il check out the comment

Haha, sort of. I learned about freefilter from a friend who learned it from Swano, and then I found out about CurveEQ from this forum, which does the same as FreeFilter. I had used CurveEQ in the past to EQ overall mixes, and I knew I wanted the guitars to sound like Entombed, so I think it was a combination of my own ideas + forgotten memories of reading from Swano haha

KeithTidd: Sorry to hear that man, I was really afraid that something like that would happen to me on this one, thats part of the reason why I'm so excited about it now!

et_al: Thanks man! This is however just a 5 second demo of it, and I'll mess around with more later when I'll do some actual recording with it. Might try to get my hands on a Marshall rig or something similar just to test it out, try to get that Dismember grind going!

Phew, I gotta go get some sleep now, I'm feeling kinda nauseus from jamming with it all night! :lol: That zombie grind takes it's toll, although I got some great riffs out of it.

:lol: I texted my friend to see if he still had his HM-2 and he said he would look for it. Then he calls me like an hour later and says he found it and happened to be going to the area where I work. Well, czech it out:

hm2.jpg

:D

Nice settings :p:p

I hate these pedals.

My first guitar FX pedal, a hand-me-down from my dad. I hated it, never enough usable gain on tap, of course I was running it into a plastic Dean Markley practice amp, which was so light it would often fall over from the weight of the metal cable end plugged into it. :lol:

AE:s That sound fucking sick! Reminds me alot of the latest Bloodbath album, which I assume was HM-2 in some way.

006: SIIICK! Very close to the Dismember 'grind' I love so much. That's pretty much the type of sound I hope to get out of mine. Just need to experiment more with it!

Melodeath: No, I never did. However, one that works great is the 'Morbid Angel' one from the Album Kicks library on the ftp. Has a very nice 'thud' to it!

After I get my next paycheck I'll try to pick up either a Metalzone or a DS1 to match, try to get some At The Gates tones going!