Havayoth
Waterclime

ya know, any of those would be good. :oops:

Also, of the non-Andreas Hedlund variety

Novembers Doom
Hollenthon
Drudkh
Melechesh

I'd definitely support Ludicra, Wolves in the Throne Room, Corvus Corax, and the others I've heard (and the ones I haven't). A German friend of mine tells me that In Extremo is the cat's pajamas live. Nightbringer would also definitely bring some night.

Weakling reunion? Anyone?

Is Corvus Corax even still together? I played a few shows with those guys out in Washington at their hole in the woods cabin they had when I was in In Memorium. That must have been 10 years ago now. They were very theatrical to say the least....fun guys to hang around...always entertaining...

I think we need to get Confessor at HCIII

Mourning Beloveth definately...

I second Ancient Rites.

Melechesh, Eluvietie, Wolfchant...

THAT would be awesome! Also, Wintersun would probably be the band that grabbed the casual metal fans to the fest, and that's always a good thing to bring in people to keep the fest going.

Wolfen Ancestry from Canada are pretty cool too. Trollech is awesome as well.

Pagan Reign broke up for good. They won't be playing any gigs in the future unless some miracle happens.

Pagan Reign broke up for good. They won't be playing any gigs in the future unless some miracle happens.
Are you sure? I remember reading that a few places, but I've been looking back at their sites and myspace pages and meta-archives page, and everything says that they're still together and they have a new album coming out.

Oh, if you guys got Arkona (rus) then I'd buy a ticket with no hesitation. Or Ensiferum, or Turisas, or Equilibrium and so on.

And last I checked, Falkenbach was still trying to figure out how a live gig would be possiable. They have a touring band together, but we've been waiting on 2 years for any word.

Silenius, however, said many times that there'd be no way Summoning would ever do a live show. I can picture if they did try to pull it off as something multimedia and exotic, but I don't really see it happening.

Not so sure about Drudkh, but they would be an absolutely flawless addition to HC3.

The problem with a lot of folk metal and "post black metal" (which I guess is black metal evolving into more traditional and Pagan culture, instruments, and ideas) is that a good number start and finish as 1-2 member projects and is so layered with traditional instuments, arrangements, etc that making it work live is next to impossiable without 7-10 members.

With that said if anyone wants to fly in 10-20 people, Haggard would be an awesome live experience :p

Are you sure? I remember reading that a few places, but I've been looking back at their sites and myspace pages and meta-archives page, and everything says that they're still together and they have a new album coming out.

They have an acoustic album coming out. I don't know if that will be their final act, or if they're still doing live shows.

Edit: Honestly though, if they got an offer to play in the States, would they really pass it up?

Týr is supposedly trying to do a U.S. tour sometime in the spring, with Eluveitie. They're going to be doing a European tour before that with Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, and Wintersun. It'd be nice if that line-up could make it to the States too.

I'd love to see Arkona (from Moscow, Russia). Some other bands I'd love to see: Equilibrium, Heidevolk, Gernotshagen, Grimm, Svartsot, Finsterforst... I could go on for a while I'm sure.