Bands you would love to see at Heathen Crusade

Dark One

The Tainted Dogma
Feb 5, 2002
Southwest Florida
www.ultimatemetal.com
Name and/or describe some bands you would love to see grace the stage of a future Heathen Crusade (regardless of perceived availability).

Some random bands:

Primordial (in a triumphant return)
Mael Mordha (see above)
Nae'blis
Malsain
November's Doom (a great suggestion any year the fest is held)
Ludicra
October Falls
Darkestrah
Dawn
Destroyer 666
Drudkh
Negura Bunget
Raventale
Root
Satyricon
Secrets of the Moon
Turisas
Waylander

For starters.

Jason

I would entirely support all the bands mentioned. In an interesting twist, I think it would be great to see the re-united Sabbat (UK obviously) at Heathen Crusade. And for that matter, getting Sabbat (Japan) on the show would be most excellent as well.

I saw Melechesh live with Wolves in the Throne Room and Dark Forest in Calgary, Alberta last september. Fucking wicked, I'd love to see any of those bands again.

I'd like to have Dark Forest return to Heatehn Crusade. David Parks recorded my viking/folk metal bands (Eldgammel) EP last weekend, and he was afraid Heathen Crusade III wasn't going to happen when I asked him about it. I didn't get to go to Heathen Crusade before, but I think I'd make the trip from the great white north for the hird installment.

- Dark Forest
- Melechesh
- Wolves in the Throne Room
- Suidakra (Hell yes)
- Ensiferum
- Arkona (Rus)
- Tyr
- Moonsorrow
- Skyforger (Because I missed them last time, haha)
- Eluveitie
- Korpiklaani
- Turisas
- Kiuas
- Borknagar

Anything like these bands, really.

All of the above would be amazing. The bands I would most like to see are;

Turisas (although the word is now they may be touring the US soon for the new album)
Borknagar
Asmegin (last I heard new album should be out late this year)
Ensiferum

Yet bringing back any of the last two years' headliners would be great. Love to see Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Manegarm all again.

Oh and of course Finntroll! So bitter they didn't come near us on their tour last month.

On a two day event, with some repeats:

FRIDAY:
PRIMORDIAL (headlining)
Helrunar
Turisas or Korpiklaani
Negura Bunget
Gwynbleidd

SATURDAY:
DESTROYER 666 (headlining)
Agalloch
Mael Mordha
Novembers Doom
Slough Feg

Somehow AETERNUS need to be persuaded to play and stick to material from their first 3 albums only.

Thing is, in reality, I'd love to see an HC where I don't know 50% of the bands. This music always works better live and you always discover some great talent at an HC fest.

I'd buy my tickets even before the roster was announced either way. :kickass:

Thing is, in reality, I'd love to see an HC where I don't know 50% of the bands. This music always works better live and you always discover some great talent at an HC fest.

It is plenty of fun to discover - though I absolutely love being at one with the music because I know it so well. I honestly think either way works great, so your analysis is spot on for me.

JK said:
I'd buy my tickets even before the roster was announced either way. :kickass:

Yep - blind purchase bar none.

Ensiferum
Subway to Sally
Corvus Corax
Dragonlords
En Extremo
Stormlord
Visions Of Atlantis
Falconer
TYR
Turisas
Equilibrium
Morgoth
Aesma Deava
Shandmaul
Elakelaiset (sp?) :lol:

Yah these are the bands I want to see <looks above>. I need more of that heathen folk hehe =d

another is
http://www.myspace.com/arkonarussia

and Heidevolk !!!

Aesma Daeva would be sweet, since I couldnt catch them on their Therion tour. As well as Waylander ... be cool to finally see them and say 'hey I met you on Everquest'

hmm what else... Dark Moor, Cruachan

Yah these are the bands I want to see <looks above>. I need more of that heathen folk hehe =d

another is
http://www.myspace.com/arkonarussia

and Heidevolk !!!

Aesma Daeva would be sweet, since I couldnt catch them on their Therion tour. As well as Waylander ... be cool to finally see them and say 'hey I met you on Everquest'

hmm what else... Dark Moor, Cruachan

any of these except Dark Moor... they would not fit.