BARfest III?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm always sad to see a good festival weekend end. The best cure for the end-of-fest blues? Thinking about next year!

So who would you like to see play at BARfest next year?

Extreme
Presto Ballet
Dixie Dregs
Rudess/Morgenstein
Jelly Jam
Derek Sherinian
Night Ranger (I heard they were back together)
APtT

and/or ANY of the bands from this year!

just off the top of my head.:heh:

Anathema
Thessera
Arena
Therion
Powerquest
Blackfield
Porcupine Tree
Rishloo
A Prelude To Tragedy
Zero Hour - (they should play every fucking year!!)

These are all great ideas and please keep them coming.
Some of you may be in warm waters already but I will not reveal any my cards of course until we have confirmations. I'm sure you understand.
It's half of the fun right?
:heh:

E

Excluding Andromeda, Riverside, and Spheric Universe Experience since they're playing at ProgPower this year, the bands I haven't seen live that I would love to have at BARFest next year include:

Sieges Even
Dead Air Radio
Thought Chamber
Aghora
Hourglass
Mind's Eye
Porcupine Tree
Sphere of Souls
Tiles
Mindflow
Transmission

Bands I've seen live but not in a while:

Vanden Plas
Redemption
Dreamscape
Prymary
Stride

And, of course, the BARFest house bands :)kickass:):

Enchant
Zero Hour

Although i doubt i'll be able to sponsor a band "next year"....i would like to see some details regarding sponsorship. Maybe you could lay it out for us. What kind of money are we talking about? Are there any perks besides the obvious getting to see the band live? Details would be appreciated. Like i said, i doubt i can afford to sponsor a band, but figure it's worth taking a look at. You never know....

Although i doubt i'll be able to sponsor a band "next year"....i would like to see some details regarding sponsorship. Maybe you could lay it out for us. What kind of money are we talking about? Are there any perks besides the obvious getting to see the band live? Details would be appreciated. Like i said, i doubt i can afford to sponsor a band, but figure it's worth taking a look at. You never know....

That will all come in a few months after we let this last fest sink in and we together to hash out the details of next years fest..These things take time and we love the enthusiasm that people are showing already... Keep the bands coming , it helps us to see what people are looking at and listening to right now!!!

Bear

That will all come in a few months after we let this last fest sink in and we together to hash out the details of next years fest..These things take time and we love the enthusiasm that people are showing already... Keep the bands coming , it helps us to see what people are looking at and listening to right now!!!

Bear

ALso, could you please dispense with the info earlier than this year? I wanted to be there for Concerto Moon, but could not get away on such short notice. If we had info earlier (Like around New Year's), many of us could have made the appropriate plans.

As for bands I'd love to see at BARFest;

Sabaton
Suspyre
Edenbridge
Devin Townsend
Ari Koivunen
Zandelle

Bands from the Pacific Rim and Latin America:
Legion of Hetheria (Mexico)
Galneryus (Japan)
Seraphim (TWN)
Jeremy (South Korea)
Fuseboxx(!!!!!) (PHL)

Anathema FTW.
That would rule.
Then again, I don't know that I'll be there.
Zero Hour should just be a given.
Every year they should be on the bill.
If Anathema plays BARfest I will be there with bells on, fo' sho. :kickass:

Wow, could have sworn I already posted here! :loco:

Anathema would be stellar!

I also second:
Jelly Jam
Derek Sherinian
Prymary

I cast my nomination for:
-anything Arjen Luccassen is working on!
-a Saviour Machine "reunion" (coupled with the loooooong-awaited release of Legend III:II would so seriously get me to go anywhere in the world. Saves $ now.)
-X JAPAN

Anathema FTW.
That would rule.
Then again, I don't know that I'll be there.
Zero Hour should just be a given.
Every year they should be on the bill.
If Anathema plays BARfest I will be there with bells on, fo' sho. :kickass:

Danae-

You have to come next year--Sorry you weren't able to make it this year--
Ill bring in Oliva especially for you :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo!! *shriek*

Sorry..Jon Oliva's been at like the last 4 PPUSA's in a row or some such thing (including this year), & as a result I'm horribly burnt out on him. I'd much rather see someone who doesn't get around as much as Jon..like Andre Matos *nodnod*. :)

Dont' worry Jax-- Im only kidding :) I would love to do anything with Oliva again, because I am a huge fan, but it probably won't be at my festivals.. I agree that he has been to too many PP's, and I am happy that Glenn loves him as much or more than I do--

LOL damn, okay, no Oliva then.
I'll get my fix at PPUSA this year.
Okay then...well, how about this: I'll go next year but only if Jax eats sushi with me first.
Bring back Crimson Glory again!
They'd do it. :kickass: